Author Topic: Lots of NW - Cant seem to fix it.(BT ADVICE FOR TONIGHT PLEASE)  (Read 9147 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
Re: Lots of NW - Cant seem to fix it.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 15:30:43 pm »
2hr nap this morning so she must have needed it.

The 2nd A was 2hrs 52mins. She went down no problem but woke after 42mins  :-\ so I guess I need to push that one out a bit.

This is where I get it wrong for BT I think. What A would you do to BT after that length of nap?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 16:25:42 pm by Eva's Mummy »

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 17:54:06 pm »
Trying to remember but I think I'd have probably done around 2h15-30 for DD, but that was with longer A times earlier in the day (she was more towards the LSN side).  If it was an UT nap she may handle almost a full A on that nap, so up to 3h potentially?  I think it was around this age I started looking at total A for the day which helped me judge BT.  So if I know for example she needed around 13.5-14h in 24, I aimed for a total A of 10-10.5h.  I guess for you you'd aim lower so closer to 9-9.5h for a HSN baby?

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 18:16:01 pm »
Ah ok, I was doing short nap so pull back the a time. That's probably why she would fight so much at bedtime.

Well dd1 is asleep.  It really is so much easier if she goes down first. Dd1 really hasn't grasped the idea of being quiet.  Got a new phone today though with a kids mode on it which she loves. So maybe I'll not let her play with it and save it for  just these occasions.

I'll let you know how BT goes. Thanks Katherine  x

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 20:35:48 pm »
Hope you have a good night xx

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 08:19:51 am »
Oh Katherine I could kiss you  :-*

It wasn't perfect but miles better.

BT 20:22 so A time of 3hrs 3mins ( I was aiming for 2hrs 50mins but that's how long as I had to settle he a bit)

Wasn't sure if she was that tired looking, she was a wee bit grumpy earlier then DH came home from work and she perked up so it was hard to tell.

NW 21:15 really loud wailing but I settled her in a couple of mins.
NW 22:22 A bit harder to settle, took about 15mins
NW 3:30 - 4:12  I fed her and she took a full bottle but then wouldn't settle, it took quite a but of sshh pat as son as I left the room she started crying again so I stayed with my hand in her tummy a while until she was asleep

Then that was her until the morning. I woke her at 8:30 I didn't want to wake her earlier as BT was late. So hopefully BT will get a bit earlier each day then i'll wake a bit earlier each day.

So what are your thoughts. A wee bit UT or still a wee bit OT. I don't want to start pushing A times if she's still a bit OT or do you think that's what I need to do now?

PS even with that NW that's the best sleep ive had in ages. I couldn't actually get back to sleep for ages listening out for her but I was still lying in bed with my eyes shut (Bliss) xxx

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 09:45:25 am »
So glad you got some rest :D I would stick where you are a couple more days, she may just need to work out a bit more accumulated OT and then if nights still ok push on a little more x

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 16:27:30 pm »
Thanks honey. So she did a 2hr 10mins 1st nap (I woke her). Then a 35mins 2ns Nap, I assume this is UT as she is happy as larry now. So with all UT nap do I stick with as close to a full as a possible? If so BT will be around 20:10

Just wondering, if she goes to bed at 20:10 do you think I would be ok to wake her at 7:30 tomorrow morning or should I keep letting her sleep later to stop OT creeping in? I have had to wake her the last 2 days at 9 and 8:30.

Thanks in advance for your help again honey x

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 19:04:58 pm »
What did you do?  I would go for most of a full A if she was handling it well :). Great naps!  We got 37 minute (very precise) UT naps all the time with DD.  I think waking her for the day is totally fine provided she's had a good 11h sleep or more x

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 19:14:21 pm »
She's just nodded off at 3hrs exactly. I had to rub her head a bit but I left the room while she was still twiddling her blankie  so big improvement.

I rounded down, our naps are always  36mins on the dot ( strange isn't it).

So I'm guessing the aim is to push out the 2nd nap to get a longer one.  Then just the usual full a to bed time?

I kept it undertired today so bedtime wasn't ridiculously late.  But she did fight me a bit for it x

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 19:25:15 pm »
Fingers crossed for tonight xx

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 10:29:52 am »
We are doing great 2 nights ago we had 2 ENW where she self settled then 1 NW at 3:00 which took 45mins to settle.

Yesterday she had a 2hr nap and a 1.5hr nap (I had to wake her from both). Then no ENW just 1 NW 3:30-4:00 so we are definitely getting better. Just need to get rid of the last 1, wasn't sure if not capping her nap would help but that would make for a really long day, or pushing the A 's out but I'm scared of OT since she is napping great on these times?

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 18:00:08 pm »
I would just hang tight a few more days then if things seem to be going in the right direction xx

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 06:37:25 am »
Spoke to soon. Last night was an ENW at 21:00 took 15mins to settle then NW at 4:38 settled with a hand on her chest and managed to get out after 20mins but then 5 mins later she was awake again, this went on until 6:00 when she eventually went back to sleep. Unfortunately for me DD1 woke at 5:30 so no rest for me. Yesterday was:

WU 7:33 I woke
A 2hrs 58mins
S 10:31 - 12:32 (2hrs 1mins - I Woke)
A 3hrs 9mins - Took a while to settle
S 15:41 - 16:50 (1hr 9mins - I woke)
A 2hrs 53mins
BT 19:43 Out like a light

Do you think the longer middle A and me waking her from it might have cause this. I'm going to let her sleep to 8 this morning hopefully that will help. Just looking forward to getting a full nights sleep and an earlier BT back.

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 09:59:05 am »
I think if you want the earlier BT you may have to wake earlier in the morning ....I guess capping both naps (though 2h doesn't really 'count' as capping) could have caused a bit of OT, but I see why you'd do it to preserve a decent BT. 

Do you think she may do better on two long (2h and 1.5/2h) naps with a longer day?  Just throwing it out there as an idea x

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 11:49:48 am »
I'm not sure. Her first nap today was 36mins after a 2hr 58min a time

I'd rather not have a longer day but if it meant sleeping  through the night I'd take it x

My angel baby girl