Author Topic: How to make EASY work when doing the school run.  (Read 4207 times)

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: How to make EASY work when doing the school run.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 09:14:42 am »
Your easy looks ok. I would maybe push that first nap a tad later so his first A time is 1.5hrs. You might get a longer nap that way. That way you might end up with naps at 9.30-11, 12.30-2 and 3.30-5. You might not have time for a CN if he has a long night and isn't getting up until 8. If he short naps and any of the first three naps get moved earlier as a result then you could squeeze a 30-45 min CN in which would hopefully take him to 6pm or there abouts and then he could make it to BT around 7 or 7.15.

My DD prefers a longer night if she has a NF and I inky wake her at 8.20 to give me time to change and feed her before the school run.

Check out the wonder weeks website for info in all the leaps http://www.thewonderweeks.com
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Rara27

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 20:45:15 pm »
Thanks Ali, l'll give that a try. He normally gets up at 6.30 or 7 but still don't manage to fit a fourth/CN in.

Thanks for the wonder weeks link
Charlotte

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 10:25:09 am »
Great. Let us know how it goes.

Offline Rara27

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 19:48:51 pm »
Hi Ali,

Today's EASY

E - 4.43. 10 mins. didnt want anymore, had to be rocked to sleep
S - 6.00

E - tried at 7. Refused!
S - 8.30-9.30. Think he had wind but confused as his last feed was at 4.43

E - 9.55. Total of 37 minutes
S - 11.00-1.00

E - 1.25. 17 mins.
S- 2.30-4.00

E - 4.21. 25 mins.
S - 5.15-6.00

E - 7.00
S - 7.20

The middle part of the day seemed to go well. The morning with the refusal to feed & waking up with what l think was wind confused me!

What l'm worried about is the CN. He's very good at self soothing, sucks thumb, normally he does a 30 second cry, a little whinge then he finds his thumb. I put him down for the CN as didn't think he'd last the three hours from 4-7, but he was just looking around, put him down at 5 didn't go to sleep till 5.15. Should he be tired at this time or do l need to help him go to sleep? Are the timings ok? Getting up at 6pm seemed to have an effect on him being hungry & bedtime at 7.
Charlotte

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 19:59:47 pm »
Since he'd only been awake for an hour at 5pm after a good 1.5hr nap I would not have expected him to be tired. I think he did really well to do a CN at 5.15 even. I probably would have tried to have him asleep for the cn at 5.30 and woken him by 6 then pushed bt to 7.30 if he didnt seem tired before that.

I expect that first hour-long nap was just that he was getting hungry as he hadn't been hungry enough to eat at 7am.

I'd consider that a good day. Remember naps will be a bit different depending on so many things. They won't all be perfect. He's doing great with the independent sleep by the sounds of it ☺

Offline Rara27

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 20:36:42 pm »
The midday nap was 2 hrs long, if l capped it at 1.5 that might make CN & bedtime work better - what do you think?

It was a good day as dh took dd to London so l could totally focus on ds. He really likes his own space at bedtimes. There will be no more baby's for me so l was hoping for cuddly afternoon sleeps but no  :'(

Thanks Ali
Charlotte

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 20:51:38 pm »
You could do if you think you need to but I'm not a fan of capping naps unless it is the last one before bed really. I always think I would regret it if he then refused the CN, yk? I do have to cap naps sometimes to get out to do the school run though. Up to you really if you prefer a 7pm BT.

Hugs. It's hard feeling like you will never get to do certain things again, isn't it? Just think, there will be lots of new things to enjoy as he gets older  :-*

Offline Rara27

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2015, 21:31:12 pm »
I didn't cap naps with dd but then it's so much easier with 1 child & no school runs. A 7pm bedtime would be better otherwise it's nearly 8 by the time dd gets to bed.

It is, yes. But, it's been a long road to get pregnant or stay pregnant so I'm just very grateful that he is here & he's healthy too. But a few sleepy cuddles would be lovely too. I don't want to rush this baby stage but l can't wait to see what he will be like or look like when he's older.
Charlotte

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 21:34:57 pm »
Did you try the sling/carrier?