Author Topic: Need help resuming the EASY after illness  (Read 957 times)

Offline duoduo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need help resuming the EASY after illness
« on: April 28, 2015, 21:46:33 pm »
My boy will be 7-month-old by the end of this month, he was on 2hours and 45mins EASY, it worked pretty well until 20th this month (April), started that day, his 1st nap only last for half hour, and he woke up earlier in the morning, 5:45 instead of 7:00, the situation continues for couple days, I thought it’s time to extend his A to 3hours, but I could not make the change as he cries more often before the naps, sounds like he can’t wait for 2hs 45mins to  have his nap, he wanted short A time. So I think maybe I just wait and see for couple more days, then he got sick, roseola rash , the fever continues for 3 days, today the fever is gone, and there comes the red dots. During his illness, no EASY was applied, I put him to sleep based on his cry, when he cries , that means he was tired.
Today I thought he is getting better, we should resume the EASY, but he still can’t stay for more than 2 hours A time. I know people will say: hang on, he just recovered from illness, no rush to apply EASY now, but actually he acted weird before illness, 3~4 days before his illness, he already couldn’t stand for 2hs 45mins A time, so my questions are:
1.   How long will the A time be now? Stay with 2hs 45mins or increase it to 3hours?
2.   For now, should I decrease the A time to 2.5hs or even 2hs according to his scenario?
3.   When should I resume the EASY?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 17:18:58 pm by duoduo »

Offline Domestic Engineer

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Need help resume the EASY after illness
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 22:02:41 pm »
1. By 2.45 EASY, do you mean that the A was 2.45, or that the entire eat-play-sleep routine was taking 2.45? I'm going to assume that you meant the former, which is much more appropriate for his age. I would assume that within the next week or two he will be back on his former EASY, and that he was probably starting to get sick a few days before you noticed symptoms and that was throwing off his routine.

2. He is still recovering, so he might need extra sleep and shorter A times. I would just follow his lead for at least a few more days. Try to get the general order of the EASY routine right, and try to get him to take good naps and such, but don't push him to stay awake if he needs to sleep.

3. It depends on how he's recovering. I would give him at least 2-3 days of possible extra sleep needs, but he might still need more after that. When he seems like his usual self and has not slept more in each 24-hour day than he used to, even if the schedule is weird, he's probably ready to move back to his former routine.

Offline duoduo

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Need help resume the EASY after illness
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 02:55:28 am »
thank you for the prompt reply, yes, u r right, I meant 2hs 45mins A time.
so I will wait for another 3~4 days and see how everything works, hope I don't have to come back for more help.

oh, btw, when u say he is probably ready for moving back to his former routine, do u mean when he is ready, we will continue with 2hs 45mins A time? should I increase his A time to 3hours? I mean by that time he is 7-month-old.

thx.

Offline Domestic Engineer

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Need help resuming the EASY after illness
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 18:44:32 pm »
He might extend the time as appropriate for his age. These things aren't so predictable that you can get to within 15 minutes from a chart, you know? But once his A times lengthen you can experiment and find what he needs at the moment.

Offline duoduo

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Need help resuming the EASY after illness
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 17:48:55 pm »
yes, u r right, actually I shouldn't ask this question, my boy would tell me himself. after recovery, his A time was 3h15mins, and got extended to 3.5hs, but seems like we r having trouble with A time now, I am going to post a new thread.

thank u again.