Author Topic: 5 am feeding fitting into the EASY  (Read 907 times)

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:29:31 am »
I am very confused how to fit early morning 5 am feeding into EASY. My 3 month old would not be interested in eating every 1-2 hrs so 7 am feed is too close! but then whatever the decision on 7am feeding, it affects her next feed and her SLEEP too ( if she took too little at 7 am,she is waking early and hungry) or if I postpone 7 am feed, she won't be interested too much in the next feed, so that now affects even another feed/eat cycle.
Please advise what might be the solution, I have never been able to sort it out.
Also if she ate at 6:00 and would not sleep that means her routine shifts that day to start with whatever her actual wake up time was that day, am I  correct?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 5 am feeding fitting into the EASY
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 10:53:27 am »
Is she breast or bottle fed?  If bottle would she take a small feed at 5am to tide her over to 7am? 

This is a phase most babies go through and you just need to be a bit creative really.  Offer a small feed at 5am if you can get away with it, and a full one at WU.  Or if LO will only settle with a full feed at 5am, offer a top-up in waking (and possibly a small one pre-nap too to prevent the early wake from hunger) and get back on track for next EAS cycle. Or just go with an AEAS pattern for your first cycle of the day, then gradually work the feed back to the start of the cycle by the end of the day :)

Yes you start your day from whenever she actually wakes up, so naps would be a touch earlier that day but she may take a longer nap somewhere to make up and get back on track for bedtime.

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 10:46:46 am »
Thank you!
She is breastfed.