Author Topic: General EW question  (Read 740 times)

Offline kcmarie122

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 30, 2015, 12:03:37 pm »
So if your LO has an early waking, do you keep the same nap time or move it earlier?  Or is it ok to give her a two nap day here and there to help them catch up on sleep if they wake up early? 

We are a few weeks into the 2-1 nap transition and my LO is almost 15 months old.  She is doing fine with it except for the early wakings.  She is able to tolerate the longer awake time in the morning without a problem. 

6:45-7:00:  normal wake up time
between 1:00 and 1:30: Nap time (usually 1.5-2 hours)
8:00pm:  bedtime

If she wakes up early or has a bad nap, I try and put her to bed at 7:00pm.

I also tried putting her down for her nap earlier (around 12 or 12:30) because I thought maybe 7 to 1 was too long for her to be awake but she woke after only 45 minutes.  That day I just put her down early for bedtime. 

Or could this just be the start of the 16 month sleep regression?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: General EW question
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:29:27 am »
I would do an earlier nap with an ew but not two naps....but my DD is lower sleep needs so I doubt 2 naps would fly anymore! EBT is never an option for us so the nap is where we make up any sleep if a night is horrid! The 45 nap might have been OT not UT too though for you, how early did she wake that day? Teething at all?
Heidi

Offline kcmarie122

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 18:05:34 pm »
I think that  45 min nap day was a typical wake up day.  So I don't think it was an OT nap.  It's so hard to tell.  She usually can last until 1 without a problem.

Yes, teething is definitely an issue.  I just saw a few days ago that another one had poked through in the back.  So I've been treating with Tylenol and  Advil. 

Ok, so it's ok to just get them up that early and just move their nap and possibly their bedtime earlier.

Offline kcmarie122

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 18:07:16 pm »
Oh, and she will easily still take two naps if I try.  She just usually ends up going to bed later when I do that.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: General EW question
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 15:21:56 pm »
If she really needs two naps to catch up from a bad night it might work but just watch that you don't get into an ut/ot cycle - but by pushing bedtime later on 2 nap days that should help. With teething in the mix I would just try and stick to what you are doing and ride it out - early nap or bed if needed and deal with any tweaking once things settle.
Heidi