Author Topic: almost 8 week old waking every 1-2 hours crying at night  (Read 947 times)

Offline st3r

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
almost 8 week old waking every 1-2 hours crying at night
« on: April 30, 2015, 13:15:39 pm »
My LO is almost 8 weeks. We have been doing EASY from birth as much as possible but she has never been a great sleeper. She has reflux and is taking medication. As a newborn she wld wake for feeds only throughout the night. Ad her weight gained a lot she started feeding less at night but ends up waking more frequently until the last few days she has been waking every 1-2 hours constantly.

She is on a 3-3.5 hr easy during the day. She keeps her routine fairly well although she always needs resettling halfway through her nap and is still being rocked held to sleep before being put down

I have tried sshh pat with her unsuccessfuly so am still rocking her to sleep ATM.

We also recently started using the dummy to get her to sleep at night so I'm not sure if the constant waking is her looking for it although I don't usually give it back to her during the night.

She only feeds about twice during the night now but am wondering why the constant waking.

It doesn't seem to be reflux bothering her since she's been on the medication as we don't hear the grunting we used to hear before she wakes..now she just wakes suddenly crying each time.

Any ideas ? Desperate for abit of sleep for all of us !
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 13:17:23 pm by st3r »

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: almost 8 week old waking every 1-2 hours crying at night
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 11:20:23 am »
Hi there! LO sounds uncomfortable to me. Has her dose for reflux meds been checked with any recent weight gain? Is she upright after a feed for 30 minutes? Is his crib on an angle to help him out? Is she BF or bottle? Honestly, this is not too far off of what I would expect from an 8 week old, but it is always best to completely rule out discomfort before anything else! WHat is LOs day like at this time? When does she wake, eat, nap, wake and eat again?

Maryn

[/url]