Author Topic: 13 month old early waking  (Read 671 times)

Offline Nickie18

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
13 month old early waking
« on: May 01, 2015, 22:58:23 pm »
Our dd is now 13 months. On one nap now for about 1 month as she was refusing any late naps. Did well until 2 weeks ago when molars started coming in and maybe a wonder week. Now she can wake multiple times (just a few screams and then back to sleep) and the gas been wakibg at 5:50! We've tried everything and now have an ok to wake clock... Set at 630. Not sure what else to do! Is 13 months too early for the clock?

Our day with Olivia:
Wake at 5:50, try to get her back to sleep.
630 out of bed with milk and banana
745 breakfast
10 snack
12 lunch
1230/45 nap until 230-3
4 snack
6 dinner
7 bed but she stays awake until at least 730 or 8
Any ideas? TIA

Offline morvayc

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 15:29:10 pm »
By no means am I an expert, as we are still very early into the 1 nap a day transition at 15 months, but I think a few things I have learned during the process, may help.  If your dd is waking before 6am, and not napping until 1230, this seems like a pretty long A time for being relatively new to 1 nap.  Will she go down any earlier than that?  She's giving you a great nap, which is awesome, but because it's so great and starting a bit late, you then end up with a really really long day....like 14 hrs.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around this concept myself.  My LO would give a great 2 hr nap and be happy all the way til BT, but because her day was always too long (due to being a chronic early waker) it would just reinforce the early waking.  Another revelation I have had just recently, was having to limit the nap to no more than 2 hrs.  Here I was finally getting long naps, but still only getting 10-10.5hr nights! In the last week, I have limited the nap to 2hrs, and we are now inching toward an 11hr night....although it's still an early wake up, as we are going to bed between 630and 7pm.  Like I said, this sleep thing is a total mystery to me, but maybe some of these suggestions could help.

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 20:54:36 pm »
Great advise above :) I agree, this early on maybe shoot for a midday nap with that WU, and into bed by 6.30 with a view to being asleep by 7 latest. Good luck Honey.x.