Author Topic: Bath time too stimulating before bed?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: May 02, 2015, 17:00:05 pm »
Does anyone find a bath to be too stimulating for lo before bed? If so what part of the day/night do you give one?

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
Re: Bath time too stimulating before bed?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 17:51:28 pm »
 We'd do bath after dinner. Then there was still time for play and a good wind-down. 

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 20:50:06 pm »
Yes I believe some LO's do better with an earlier bath, whenever it fits best into your schedule further from BT really. For DS it was fine before bed, then milk and reading, but we had to switch it up when he got a little older when I came to the same conclusion.x.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 06:19:21 am »
We do it around an hour before sleep so we have time to come back downstairs, have a drink maybe watch a programme then go up for teeth and stories. I know my friend baths her LO in the morning as baths make her hyper and another friend baths before evening meal but my DS would be covered in food after that lol x
Zoe

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 09:14:30 am »
I used to do bath, bottle, bed for DD1 when she was a baby, and it was part of her BT routine every night. But at some point (can't remember when exactly) I stopped doing the bath at night because she enjoyed it so much and there wasn't always time to let her have a good long one between dinner and bed. It made for BT battles when she didn't want to get out. Now I do it whenever is convenient for her to stay in as long as she likes! Sometimes after breakfast before she gets dressed, sometimes in the middle of the day and sometimes still before bed. DD2 seems to be another bath lover so I've never done hers before bed, it's too rushed to let her enjoy it at that time of the evening
Emma

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 00:18:55 am »
I tried to switch uo bathtime but still took him a while to fall asleep and he seemed to be thrown off by change in routine. Maybe I'll hold off for a bit. He eats dinner at 5 goes outside to play for an hour 530-630 then into tub then back downstairs for milk and a show and back up for teeth pjs and some books. But it seems like I'm spending so much more time on bedtine routine. It seemed easier when we went upstairs for the night for bedtime routine.