Author Topic: EW: gro clock not helping  (Read 797 times)

Offline Molliesdaniels

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
EW: gro clock not helping
« on: April 28, 2015, 16:49:59 pm »
Does anyone have any advice for EW?  My daughter barely gets 10 hours of sleep per night and is not that nice until after her nap.  We've tried the gro clock and it seems to be more of a distraction and a reason to wake up and let us know it's still blue.  She goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up at 5:30.  She naps for 90 minutes starting between 11:30 and 12.  I've tried pushing the nap back a bit, but she just can't make it and she wakes up around 1-1:30 regardless of what time I put her down for her nap.  ANy help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: EW: gro clock not helping
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 17:39:51 pm »
What time is her clock set for and what time does she wake up? What happens when she wakes up in the morning, how do you respond to her?

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 19:12:45 pm »
Hello :)
Also wondering how old is she and how long this has been going on? Before the EWs, what did her days look like?
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Molliesdaniels

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 19:52:02 pm »
She's 23 months old. She used to wake up between 6& 6:30 and about 6 months ago she started the ew. We originally set the clock for 5:45 because it was an average time of her wake up. When she wakes up before then, we go in if she's crying or climbing out and lay her back down and remind her that the sun is not up. She never goes back to sleep and ee get her out when the sun comes up. Slowly, the wake up kept getting earlier and earlier for the past few weeks

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 08:49:46 am »
Hi there,

So sorry for not getting back to you for so long.  I missed this in my unread posts  :-[  How are things now?  Any change?

It sounds from your posts like she's probably getting OT, especially with the upset mornings.  When a LO is OT they can often have EWs.  Since she won't sleep in or do a longer nap, I'd be inclined to try EBT for a few days to see if she'll tack on some extra sleep at the start of the night IYSWIM.  This prob won't help the EWs but at least she'll be getting a bit more sleep (hopefully!) so she might be less grumpy in the mornings.

In addition, you mention WU has been getting earlier and earlier the last few weeks.  I wonder, could this be related to the sun coming up earlier where you are?  Does she have blackout blinds?  If not, and her room is getting lighter earlier, I'd give blackout blinds a try to see if that can help.

Do you stay with her when she EWs?  What happens between when you go in and the sun comes up?  Does she settle independently at BT and for naps?

I'd give EBT and blackout blinds a go and see if that helps.  If not, we can have a think for more ideas.  Wake-to-sleep (W2S) might be worth considering, for example.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old