Author Topic: How did you know when BT needed to be later? (No nap)  (Read 700 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
How did you know when BT needed to be later? (No nap)
« on: June 10, 2015, 18:15:29 pm »
Once your LOs had left the nap behind, when did you know it was time for bedtime to move later? 

I ask because J hasn't napped for a year now, but still going to bed at the same time as when we first dropped it (6.30pm).  She stays in bed until lights on at 6.30am, but is almost always now awake before then as she will call or come out pretty much bang on 6.30am.  Getting a few requests now for a wee around 6/6.15am, sometimes 5.30am or occasionally a call to say her light isn't going green, which I interpret as a sign she's been awake a fairly long time. Still seems very ready for bed, there's not a lot of messing about or call-back.  But I'm wondering if it may be the time to try inching BT a touch later......what do you think?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: How did you know when BT needed to be later? (No nap)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 18:24:06 pm »
Yes I think you're right, needs to be a little later.
I've only just moved DS's later, he was doing 7-7 and there was no BT refusal or call backs but I started hearing him in the early hours singing or huffing and puffing waiting for his light to come on. I only moved BT 15 mins later so now he is doing 7.15pm - 7am and that 15 mins has really helped to settle the mornings down again.  (he really was ready for bed at 7 and found the 15 min move just a little difficult, really he would still go to bed at 7 but then not get a proper night sleep). I think mine is quite unusual to still be doing 12hrs at 4yo and now 11hr 45 at  4yr 5 months.

Offline Aishi

• Showing Appreciation 105
Re: How did you know when BT needed to be later? (No nap)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 16:16:43 pm »
Hi Katherine

A has been on a 6.30 bt for a while now too and has started waking around 6.15/6.30 so I've shifted by to 7 this week- it hasn't changed Wu yet but I'm hoping once she settles into in she will sleep in later too xx
aishi :)