Author Topic: So confused  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
So confused
« on: May 07, 2015, 06:44:55 am »
When baby has had an awful night do you pull the first a back? Even if the bad night may have in part been due to needing a slightly longer first a?

Also:

How do you deal with ut early wakings? Do you get them up and start your day from then (eg 5am) and then extend the first a? Do you leave them down until a reasonable time but count the a from when they woke and extend it from there? Or do you wait until you get a reasonable wake up time to extend the a?

Sorry for all the questions but I am very confused :(.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:05:51 am by Kfro »

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
Re: So confused
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 17:59:00 pm »
If you're confident the EWs are due to UT, I'd keep the first A the same after a bad night, depending on just how bad it was. My LO  always needed his first A pushed and that, or gently extending in the case of EWing, always worked for us. I always ruled out OT  as the cause of the EWs first though. 

I've always counted the first A from WU, not when I got my two up, but I know some do. I think there's a difference between 15 minutes of a baby lying quietly in the morning, and 45 minutes of crying though, in terms of how tiring that in-between time is, if that makes sense?!

How old is your LO? Would you like to post a typical day for us to have a look? Or were you just posting about a one off bad night?

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 08:02:48 am »
Thank you for your reply. We are in the middle of the 3-2 so we are all over the place. I was trying a few two nap days but I think he may still need the catnap until his a times are a bit longer. It's frustrating as the cat nap really messes up bedtime but if it is Ot I need to help him catch up.

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 11:38:16 am »
If you're going through the 3-2 I'd definitely keep gently pushing A times til you're through it. It sounds like you're at that really awkward stage, but I'm sure you'll be through it soon. I think the 3-2 went quite quickly for us, from memory.

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 12:23:13 pm »
So if he Ews at five and won't go back to sleep what would you advise to do regarding moving forward with the pushing his a times? I leave him in his cot in the dark until six so it seems a really short time for him to be up if I count his a time from five! He had been doing 2 hours 50 and alternating between two and three nap days. The Ews have really messed it up though. He woke at 540 today, I got him up at 6 and then out him down for his nap at 830. He went straight to sleep but woke during the transition, messed about for ten minutes and then went back to sleep for thirty minutes. I tried to resettle him after this but he was having none of it. So that points to ut right? So I need to extend the first a? Or just count the first a from the point I get him up?

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 06:40:27 am »
I've just spotted you have another thread open at the moment and are getting great advice there. To avoid you being given conflicting advice I'll merge this thread with the other so you can get support all in one place  :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:44:02 am by LovelyLilyandJack »

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 06:50:15 am »
This thread is now locked, please continue to offer support to Kfro here Really unsure of what to do to help him :(