Author Topic: Interesting article.x.  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« on: May 03, 2015, 17:11:28 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-mid/6-words-that-will-end-picky-eating_b_7139710.html

Saw this online and found it very interesting, so thought it was worth sharing.x.

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
Re: Interesting article.x.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 18:57:49 pm »
That's basically the approach we have always had, and I have to say it does mean that we have very very little mealtime drama.  They will all try most things (eventually!) and we eat family dinners rather than kid food.  My friends are all constantly amazed when I let them get down having not eaten anything if they don't want to, but I figure that they can decide for themselves (if they are hungry later they can have fruit or go hungry - and the next time they tend to remember that they were hungry!) and I have better things to waste my emotional energy on than whether they ate 3 pieces of carrot or 4.

Offline snowbird

• Showing Appreciation 26
  • LJ
Re: Interesting article.x.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 20:55:37 pm »
That's basically the approach we have always had, and I have to say it does mean that we have very very little mealtime drama.  They will all try most things (eventually!) and we eat family dinners rather than kid food.  My friends are all constantly amazed when I let them get down having not eaten anything if they don't want to, but I figure that they can decide for themselves

Us too! We have never kicked up a fuss about eating and again never a meal time drama here. So so simple and amazingly effective. We also let LJ have dessert if she's not eaten any/much of her dinner. We don't often have dessert but if it's on offer to everyone, it is to her.

I have found that LJ can regulate her own eating well and will even stop half way through ice-cream if she is full. Wish I could do that! ;) xxx