Author Topic: Help unsure if have hungry baby or in habit feeding to sleep  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Lolasbabies

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I am wondering if I could get advice for my 4 month old exclusively breast fed baby.  I have her on 3 hour feeding routine since 2 months.she has unfortunately always been catnapper or maybe sleeps 50mins.  She always wakes up tired and crying and sometimes gets sleepy as I feed but I don't let her sleep. If I put her to sleep at signs of sleep she will only still sleep 40 mins and it torture to try avoid feeding when she wakes so this is why I have to keep her up longer in order to keep to a 3 hour schedule.
E between 6.30 and 7am
A 2 hours
S 9am
E 10am wakes 9.40/9.50
A 2 hours
S 12
E 1pm
A 1 hour 30 mins
s 1 hour
E 3.30pm
S 5pm until 5.40
A until 6
E 6 to 7
S between 7 and 7.30
Always wakes an hour later but it like a night feed 10mins and then wakes every 2 to 3 hours during night
Sorry for long winded explanation other problem is I have to cut out dairy and reflux too bad wind and takes long time to get wind up
Any advice welcome, baby thriving on 98th percentile

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Help unsure if have hungry baby or in habit feeding to sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 06:10:13 am »
The thing with EASY is that it is meant to be a routine, not a set schedule, so it is more about the pattern of the day than exact 3 hour timings. 2 hours is an average A time for that age I think but depending on the baby could be more or less. Around his age I actually did EAEAS because A times meant that the next E fell during a nap so I did a top up feed before the nap (not feeding to sleep, just a small feed 15/20 min before nap time).  Does anything work to extend those naps?
Heidi

Offline Lolasbabies

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 10:45:45 am »
Thanks for your advice.  it takes me up to an hour to feed as have lot of winding to do and feel that makes it hard to do Eaeas. I feel I doing something wrong as she will nap longer if I driving but not if I just have her in car seat.if she wakes I put her in buggy for walk but doesn't sleep
Shush pat does not work to extend naps
Unsure really

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 13:21:10 pm »
Have you posted in the sleep area for help? There are lots of lovely ladies who can help out if you haven't already!

So have you already cut dairy from.your diet?
Heidi

Offline Lolasbabies

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 14:49:37 pm »
Will try post in sleep section thanks.have cut out dairy same with my first but she better to follow easy so was not sure if comfort feeding thanks

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 22:13:38 pm »
An hour is a very long time to take for a feeding at 4mo. Has her latch been checked in case of a tongue or lip tie?

Is she actively feeling all that time or just comfort sucking do you think?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011