Author Topic: Using a fan in room at bedtime  (Read 714 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: May 06, 2015, 02:36:48 am »
Tonigh los room was warm and stuffy so U decided to put a small window fan in. It wasn't dark out yet when he went into crib so between the light coming through and the noise his curiosity kept him up for 45 mins! Ugh. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thinking of putting in a celing fan as I can leave his window open due to outside noise and him being a light sleeper.

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
Re: Using a fan in room at bedtime
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 05:39:23 am »
We currently have a ceiling fan on full speed for white noise and I also have a stand fan hidden behind a chair for more noise. There is a building being constructed next door and the cement mixer is the bane of our existence. I had to hide the stand fan otherwise she would get so stimulated just seeing it/hearing it that she would fight sleep for ages. Is it possible to do the same?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 09:36:14 am »
Are you using blackouts?  I seem to be writing this everywhere at the moment but tin foil is a great substitute if not!

Can you make sure the fan is on before you go into the room, so it's not a 'new' noise when you turn it on if you see what I mean?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 10:43:39 am »
He definetly would see a stand fan and he would obssess over it lol. I have blackouts but I had to roll it up so it wouldn't be covering the window fan. I think once he stops watching the fan that the noise would work like white noise but he was so stimulated by it! I went in during the night and shut it off and rolled the shade down but the window is still open so I'm hoping the morning traffic outside doesn't wake him! The ac unit is so much easier. I'd bettee invest in a ceiling fan!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 10:55:06 am »
We had a ceiling fan with our guy when he was little. At least looking at a ceiling fan they are lying down!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!