Author Topic: EWs - 1:0 next steps, 32 month old  (Read 790 times)

Offline K-JDA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
EWs - 1:0 next steps, 32 month old
« on: May 09, 2015, 06:30:22 am »
Hi

Would appreciate a view on next steps with DS on our 1-0 journey....

We cut the nap to 1hr15 in December from 1.5hrs and did WU 6.15, nap 1-2.15, bed 7.30. All went well til March when started to get some EWs so cut the nap to an hour.

Then we had a massive increase in sleep needs during end March/early April where he was doing 11.5-12 hr nights and 1hr30 naps - must have been a growth spurt.

Then in April we had 3 weeks of NWs which we sorted with GW/WIWO. Think it was developmental re: language spurt/half birthday...I cut the nap back to 1hr15.

2 weeks ago he started up in pre-school at nursery and we had a week of very bad SA whilst he settled.

Now that the NWs and SA have settled we have started with EWs again. I think it is nap related so have reduced his nap to an hour for the last week but nights have got to 10.5hrs max and many are nearer 10 so WU 5.30-6, nap 1pm for an hour, bedtime 7.30. We have had a few 5am starts too so only 9.5hrs ONS.

This week we had a first NND as he feel aysleep on way home from nursery with grandparents but woke up after 5 mins when got home (they normally transfer to pram for a sleep). I put him in bed at 6pm and he slept til 5.50 then next morning.

I was waiting to ensure he was fully settled in pre-school before playing with his nap as I thought he might be more tired than in the toddler section. His WUs in the morning don't seem OT as he is bright as a button so am thinking UT with a hint of OT at times because days are getting a bit long with lots of stimulation. He has a grow clock which is set to 6 but am struggling to enforce it at WUs of 5.30 - after 10 mins he gets very naffed off!!

Was wondering if it is time to try a 45 min nap??

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: EWs - 1:0 next steps, 32 month old
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 08:08:02 am »
I would probably give it a go if I were you. Although there has been a lot of change recently, he's been on 1 HR 15 mins for many months now (ignoring the growth spurt). I would try 45 mins and perhaps a little bit later in the day of you can manage it?
~ Naomi ~

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 17:11:52 pm »
Thanks - will give it a go as have had 2 EWs in 3 days over the weekend.

Can't really control the time of the nap as at nursery 3 days and his sleep time varies a bit each day but sometime near 1 I think and will fall asleep in car at 1ish on 2 days as picked up by grandparents. Should I try more like 1.30/45 at weekends?

He had 45 mins today at nursery and was apparently quite upset when woken but ok after 20 mins. I think he will be a bear most days on a short sleep as he likes his nap!

Would you just stick to same bedtime everyday irrespective of WU time or should I shorten his day slightly on a 45 min nap? Currently I put down at just before 7.30 irrespective of WU time as he has never tacked on with EBT although he did when he had his NND last week..

Thanks.

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 18:13:48 pm »
I would try keeping Bt the same at first and see how he gets on with the shorter nap, we can always look at adjusting BT if it seems like he needs it once he's got used to the shorter nap time.
~ Naomi ~