Author Topic: 13 Month Old Early Waking  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Reeds Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 14, 2015, 19:47:54 pm »
My 13 month old has suddenly begun waking at 5:00am. He wakes up in a great mood. Just playing, talking, babbling in his crib. I'm certain it has to do with his napping schedule but I'm not sure how to fix it. He was late to drop his third nap and I don't think he's ready to drop his second nap but he's just not tired at afternoon nap. But waking so early is a signal to me he's not getting enough sleep. Not sure how to make him sleep.

Here's the schedule we were doing up until about two weeks ago...
Wake 7am
Eat
Play
Nap 10-11am
Eat
Play
Nap 2-3:30pm
Eat
Play
Eat
Play
Bedtime 7:30pm

Now here's our schedule
Wake 5am
We don't get him out of his crib until 6:30am
Eat
Play
Nap 9am-11am
Eat
Play
Try for a nap at 3pm but all he wants to do is play. He's put in his crib and he plays for 45 mins until I finally go and get his sensing he's never going to fall asleep
Play
Eat
Bedtime 7pm
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:37:11 am by Martii85 »

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: 13 Month Old Early Waking
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 21:22:50 pm »
I think you are heading for the 2-1 nap transition. I'd do is keep his morning nap at 10, regardless what time he wakes up, and either cap the nap at an hour so that he'll take an afternoon nap, or let him sleep and then just give him a 20 mins catnap at about 4pm.

Offline Gecko2014

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 13 Month Old Early Waking
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 01:04:38 am »
Following. I just started a similar thread re: my 11 month old. We are still getting the second nap but the sudden 5ams are killing the routine, shortening his naps and upsetting everyone's mood  ;)

I'm curious, Reeds Mum. Is your LO on the cusp of walking?
DS1 (Aug 2011); DS2 (Jun 2014)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 10:36:43 am »
I am moving your thread into Sleeping for Toddlers as  your LO is 1yo+ - in hope that you will get some more answers there!
~Marta

Offline MumAnzy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 22:52:55 pm »
Our schedule looks about the same except early waking is starting at 6 instead of 7.  I am sure I need to twitch naps and probably a sign of 2-1 transition.   

He started taking a 2 hour nap in the am which made me happy and 1 in the afternoon.  Now he is doing about 1.5 in am and 1.5 in pm.  Last week he stayed up in the am and had only 1 nap in the afternoon.  I cannot complain anout naps but we are not ready for a 6 am wake up again.  Hoping this passes soon.  He is starting to walk as well.