Author Topic: Night wakings at 6 weeks  (Read 967 times)

Offline Harrysmum2015

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 16, 2015, 06:16:20 am »
Hi all

I have a 6 week old and he is waking for food at roughly the same time each night (12.30am,3.30am and 5.30am) at each waking he has between 4 and 3 oz of milk. Does anyone know whether this is habitual waking or does it mean he is genuinely hungry at each feeds but it just so happens he is in a pattern with when he wakes?

Thanks all

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Night wakings at 6 weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 06:49:09 am »
At 6 weeks I would treat those wakings as hunger every time, sounds like you are doing everything right :). Are you doing a dreamfeed or is he going from BT (what time?) to 12.30am each time?

Offline Harrysmum2015

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 12:57:02 pm »
Thank you, that's good to know. We have tried dream feeding twice but it didn't work as he wouldn't take it - I think I need to try at a different time - so he goes from BT (which is anywhere between 8pm to 9pm depending when we can get him down) until around 12.30pm and then wakes every three or two hours after that but normally at the same time. As it's my first it's hard to know what is normal and what isn't!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Night wakings at 6 weeks
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 10:18:57 am »
All sounds very normal to me, but keep on asking!  We are all learning together :). If the DF isn't working for you at the moment you can just leave it (I never did it with my two, just fed when they woke) or re-try in a few weeks time :). The timing can really help too - usually DF would be between 10-11pm for a 7/7.30 BT so you may need to try later if your BT is later....but that's kind of when he's waking anyway so I'd be inclined to leave it for now.  Are you trying a cluster feed before bed?

Offline Harrysmum2015

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 09:00:07 am »
I agree, I think I'll leave it for another few weeks. I am trying to cluster feed him before bed as I find this helps to calm him during witching hours! Will let you know how I get on - so many things to learn!