Author Topic: 2 1/2 year old napping issues (TWINS)  (Read 624 times)

Offline 4lamps

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 15, 2015, 22:11:44 pm »
I have twins boys that are 29 months.  It seems lately that they cannot fall asleep for at least an hour (sometimes more) for their nap.  I am praying that this is just an adjustment I need to make and that they are not dropping their nap.  Some days, one of my boys will not nap at all.  Bedtime has not been an issue, nor have EW.
Our schedule has been like this for a while:
 Wake 7:30/8
Nap 1-3/3:30
BT 8/8:30

Yesterday I got them up after an hour and then put them back down an hour or so later because they were getting cranky (around 3:30).  They went right to sleep.  They did stay up an hour later than their normal BT thought.
Today, put them down at 1:30 (half hour later than normal) I left them in their cribs and they finally fell asleep at around 3.  They just jump and scream and play like they are having a party in there!

It seems like they are too young to drop their nap.  But I guess I am just not sure when to put them down for a nap now.  Clearly they need less sleep.  What do/did your schedule look like at around this age?
Thanks for your support!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: 2 1/2 year old napping issues (TWINS)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 22:46:48 pm »
Hi Honey, it's not uncommon to drop the nap at that age. However your boys are close to half birthdays and that usually means some nap/bedtime shenanigans. For couple of weeks I would try to just ride it out and maybe push nap a tad later like 1:30/2:00 pm. Are you capping the nap? Have you considered to do it?

It may change after 2.5yo leap is over so I would carefully observe to catch the possible moment when their sleep habits are getting back (if they will!).
~Marta

Offline 4lamps

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 04:29:53 am »
Yes, most of the time i do make sure that they are up from nap by 3:30/4 at the latest if it's a day where i know they will be up late Or if it took them a long time to fall asleep. Maybe i should wake them after 1.5 hours and see if that helps.  Today they napped for an hour and went to bed fine at 9pm. But that is a later bedtime than i would like. These boys have a lot of energy!  Gosh, I hope they are not already dropping the nap. It is helpful to know that they go through some changes at 2.5, at least it may be just a phase. Thanks!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48

Offline 4lamps

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 23:20:23 pm »
I'll take a look. Thanks for the link!