Author Topic: Routines for 2.5 and 4 year old  (Read 752 times)

Offline momma.bear

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: May 17, 2015, 00:59:54 am »
What does your routine look like for your kids? I have a 2.5 and 4 year old, both still nap. Our day goes like this:
6:15-6:45 - wake up
7:00 breakfast
12:00 lunch
1:00-3:00 nap (4 year old will often nap for 1.5 hours but takes a bit to go to sleep
5:45 dinner
7:30 bed time (2.5 year old falls asleep around 8, 4 year old usually later, I'm guessing 8:15/8:30

*Just asking for opinions as our routine is going to have to shift come Tuesday, as I will be doing pick ups and drop offs because DH will be working out of town and commuting for the next few months. I won't get home till closer to 6, so dinner likely won't be until 6:30... I'm wondering if I should just shift bed time to 8:00... as much as I love time to myself in the evening, I feel like it will be way too rushed and lately my 2.5 year old hasn't been falling asleep until 8 anyways...
Would love opinions! (Also, we are not cutting naps for my 4 year old as she still takes them, other than the odd time here or there, as my mom takes care of them and needs the break during the day).

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Routines for 2.5 and 4 year old
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 20:57:24 pm »
If the nap is staying for your 4 year old and your 2.5 year old is already not sleeping until 8 then I would shift bedtims to allow more time. They could always catch up at naptime right?
Heidi

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 08:58:55 am »
I agree with Heidi Hun, if the naps have to stay to fit in with your lifestyle/child care, then it is most likely that BT will push itself out anyway, so a later BT is probably your only option.

x.