Author Topic: Another BT issue post.. Sorry, but need help with 22mo  (Read 5227 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Another BT issue post.. Sorry, but need help with 22mo
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 05:48:36 am »
Gotta keep smiling haven't we?!  ;)

We do do dancing etc, but way before bath and bed. She does love it, bless her. It's a great way to burn off some energy if the weather is rubbish!

Argh, but we had an emw at 5 this morning, had to resettle, then she was up singing and saying nappy from 6, boo hiss  >:( xx

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 08:11:09 am »
Argh, but we had an emw at 5 this morning, had to resettle, then she was up singing and saying nappy from 6, boo hiss   xx

Ugh that's rough. Clearly she is growing up to be on of those annoying 'early morning people!!!' ha ha ;)

I'm still wondering if it's worth pushing the nap way out in the hope am will over ride pm Hun. Remember what used to be does change. That particular rule worked for Sam around this age, and I was very reluctant to give it a go because he had always preferred short morning long afternoon and we also used to get BT resistance. Just maybe keep it in mind on the back burner.

x.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 16:40:11 pm »
I am definitely NOT a morning person.l was hoping I would pass that on  ;)

I'll give anything a go Vicki. She used to prefer a short A to bed, but it's lengthened given all these shenanigans at BT. Especially if it worked for you too. What do you reckon... jump to a 1/1.15pm nap still for the 1hr 15mims and keep BT the same? She can more than handle the longer A in the morning, it'll be no problem at all, so pick a number  ;) xx

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 18:58:23 pm »
Yeah, I'd try for 1.00 pm if a 6.30 WU, so a 6.5 hour A time as long as you think she can handle it. We did this when Sam started short napping, so a bit different, but it put it right and despite him yawning bang on old nap time, he made it through, so worth a try? With BT the same, max 13 hour day.x.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 19:38:05 pm »
Well we've got to do something. Took over an hour of wi/wo tonight  ::). Only difference today was I pd slightly earlier for her nap by mistake so she had an extra 10mins.

1pm tomorrow it is! Thanks so much for helping me through this one hun. Owe you a bottle of wine and a pizza  ;) xx

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 21:10:17 pm »
Owe you a bottle of wine and a pizza   xx

Wouldn't that be nice to share with a natter :) Everything crossed that it helps eeek! I guess WI/WO isn't helping much then  ::)

x.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 22:38:45 pm »
Can I jump in?
I think you have a great plan to try out with the nap moving to 1pm. I'm just not convinced a 13hr day is long enough for a LO who is sleeping 10 to 10.5hr nights. I'd be concerned BT will take too long with messing around and that WU will move earlier.

Am I right in thinking this is what you are going for?

BT 7.30 for S at 8.00
10.5hr ONS
WU 6.30
A 6hr 30
S 1.00-2.30 (1hr 30)
A 5hr 30
BT 7.30 for S at 8.00

I suppose I'm just thinking that if you've already been doing BT at 7.30 for S at 8.00 but she's not been falling to sleep until 8.30 or later then, well you might not like this, but perhaps cut your losses and accept BT being 30 min later. So BT 8.00 for sleep at 8.30pm?  What I'm thinking is that she used to take 30 min to fall to sleep independently anyway, so she does need that 30 min, and really that's your Y time as she self settles, but if she is calling back for an hour and you wi/wo for an hour then she's got little chance to self settle and you get no Y time. KWIM? It's kind of an hour of stress rather than just put her down and walk out leaving her to self settle.
I know I wasn't keen on moving my DS's BT to 8pm but he did 10.5hr nights and needed a 2hr nap there wasn't much option for anything else, and actually once we were in the swing of it it was really nice to see him a little more, we had more time to do stuff in the afternoon before starting dinner and things like that.  When we had to move back to 7pm BT (at nap drop) that was a bit of a shock, we had to fit so much in and dash him off to bed as we'd become so used to the longer day yk?

Is she day time dry now? It really seems she is trying to be dry overnight whether she is capable or not. Is she having some dry nights? I know mine was also disturbed by his own decision to be dry at night, and as Vicki has already said, every development manages to disturb sleep.  Mine was also like your DD with all the sentences etc such active minds!! Did you notice a language leap around 21 months? Do you think that was what threw her off initially?  Sorry you don't have to answer all this, I'm thinking out loud, letting you know you're not alone.

Anyway - good luck for tomorrow :)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 06:11:03 am »
Of course you can jump in creations! The more the merrier!  :)

I have chopped her nap back to 1hr 15mins for the last few weeks. Yesterday however I let her sleep an extra 10mims as I put her to bed earlier by mistake.

She's not day time dry yet, but she does tell me when she needs to go. She's still freaking out about no. 2's in the potty but I've been doing everything you suggested and it is getting a little better. I moved BT milk much earlier so she's not having a wee straight when she gets it's bed so I'm unsure if all her call backs saying 'nappy' are actually real iykwim?

We definitely had a language leap last month. Her words are still limited but she's putting them together to form 3-4 word sentences. Around that time she also learnt all the colours I can think of   ::). Thinking about it, yes I do think it was around then when everything went a little silly.

I can definitely push the nap out, that's no worries at all. As with BT now the days are a little longer  ;)

Last night was a funny one though.. Finally went to sleep around 8.20pm and I woke her at 6.45am this morning. She did have a very upset NW at 1am last night that took a little while for me to calm her down. Still, feels like forever at that time but it was only 5-10 mins or so.

So, with this in mind do I keep the 1hr 15mins nap or go for your suggested routine creations with the 1hr 30? Expect 10.5 hrs sleep and allow her to self-regulate at weekends as you reminded me last time  ;)

Thanks so much all, this little bubba does like to throw a spanner in the works when it was going oh so well  ::) xx

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 08:20:01 am »
So, with this in mind do I keep the 1hr 15mins nap or go for your suggested routine creations with the 1hr 30?
Really up to you.
The shorter nap isn't working if you've been doing it for a few weeks but may work at a later time, if she's ok being woken (or relatively, or recovers within a reasonable time) then perhaps that's the thing to try first.
Or she can't cope with the shorter nap and needs a longer nap and shorter night - that's where mine was.
As with anything pick one, try it for a reasonable time and reassess.  My main point really was not to expect too long a night, IME if a LO can only do 10.5hrs then that's all you're going to get (until something radical changes like nap drop) and you can either fight for an hour at BT, or you can get up at silly hour in the morning, or you can put to bed later.

It does sound like developmental disturbances are the main culprit to going off track, it's such a delight to hear those words, see them jump, hear them pointing out colours...and then such a nightmare at night when they will not switch off!

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 09:02:40 am »
She does really prefer the slightly longer nap. Yesterday she was fine with being woken as it was a little longer, 1hr 15 was probably in the middle of her deep sleep cycle really. Going to give this a shot and hold for a week. Thanks so much  :-*

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 15:01:29 pm »
1hr 15 was probably in the middle of her deep sleep cycle really

You may be onto something there you know Hun. It was weird with Sam, he actually was happier being woken at 1 hour than 1.15, go figure.

Could just be a matter of finding out what suits her best. Finger's crossed the 1.5 with later BT works Hun. I think it may be wise to consider yourself also WRT which route you take. I always tried to stick with a 13 hour day because that was when I was done and needed my grown up time, and after that my patience was not so good with Sam, so I felt in the long run it was the best way to go. However you seem a lot more chilled out that me  ;D.

x.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 15:05:29 pm by Sammysmammy »

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 15:13:37 pm »
Chilled?! Ha ha that made me lol  ;D

I'm chilled when I have wine!!!! We can but give the later BT a go, anything has got to be better than this wi/wo for an hour. I don't mind so much atm now it's lighter longer in the evening. I might have revise it all once the clocks go back again  ;) xx

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 15:35:33 pm »
Chilled?! Ha ha that made me lol 

We all have our moments I guess lol :) and a different perspective of ourselves ;)  x.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2015, 06:45:28 am »
Ok, I'm back. Sorry to add to an old thread but I haven't a clue what to do anymore  ???

Sleep is just all over the place atm. It seems the later she goes to bed the worse the call backs are? Last night was the worse yet with her getting a little upset towards the end.

I have tried wi/wo every time. This just seems to rile her up. Talking from her from outside the door works for a couple of mins then she starts again. I really hate that we end our days so negatively  :'(

I have tried the later BT a couple of times, but tbh I'm finding them tough. I know it might sounds selfish but I feel like i don't get any time with DH at all when she's fighting sleep until gone 9. I go to bed around 10-10.30pm myself. The problem is too, I really feel like she needs more sleep. We don't have an issue at all for going down for her nap, she babbles for a minute of two and normally I have to wake except for a vvv rare occasion.

I have logged the last week and gone over it again and again. For some reason I just can't see when it's so close to home where the problem lies. She did seem a bit off colour the other day and perhaps that's thrown everything out of whack? Perhaps I do have to wake her at the same time every morning like we used to? Any thoughts would be so gratefully appreciated.

So here goes...

Wednesday

Up 6.15
Nap 1.05-2.30
BT 7.50 asleep 9.10

Thurs

Up 6.35
Nap 1.10-2.30
BT 7.35 asleep 8.20

Friday

Up 6.30
Nap 1.20-1.50 woke crying. Don't think went back to sleep, 2pm singing
BT 7.20 asleep 8

Sat

Up 6.45
Nap 1.25-2.30
BT 8.30 asleep 9.30

Sun

Up 7
Nap 12.30 - 2.30 (absolutely shattered, never seen her like that)
BT 7.20 asleep 8.10

Mon

Up 6.45 (had temperature)
Nap 11.45-2
BT 7.30 asleep 7.40!  :o

Tues

Up 6.50 (seems better, no temp. I woke, she was asking for more sleep)
Nap 1-2.30
BT 7.45 asleep 9.25 brief early NW's every 45-1hr until 10.45

Wed

Up 6.45 (I woke)

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 07:47:45 am »
OK I'm no help :( 
It is hard to call as she had that temperature so the EASYs are unreliable but I just looked at your times and worked out the best days, how much A time etc and (without re-checking your first post) came up with this:

WU 6.45
S 12.45 - 2.15
A 5.5hr
BT 7.45 (so BT 7.15 for S at 7.45)

Then I went and looked at your first post and saw this is exactly the routine you were doing when it all went off track.
Sorry. I'll keep thinking.
...unless she was having a developmental thing with the nappy and call backs etc and needs to just return to the routine she already had  :-\