Author Topic: Another BT issue post.. Sorry, but need help with 22mo  (Read 5229 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Another BT issue post.. Sorry, but need help with 22mo
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 18:57:23 pm »
I know it's hilarious we spend the first 10 months trying to get them to sleep and the next few months stopping them sleeping!  Imagine what the 1-0 is like! They want to go to sleep and you won't let them!! Or they don't want to but you need them to. It's pretty crazy, I often wonder just how other mums do it, the ones who aren't on BW that is! Without anyone to check with I'd be useless.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2015, 14:06:28 pm »
Yes I often wonder that too creations!

So funny that telling her to be quiet for the bunny worked as I did similar when DD3 had a nw last night and it totally worked! Except I told her I was sleeping lol...she must be thinking mom can talk in her sleep (I was laying on the floor next to her crib).
Heidi

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 17:51:16 pm »
Eta.. Might have had a breakthrough! Told her not to shout tonight as her lovey (a bunny) is already asleep and we must be quiet. One shout out, which I told her to go to sleep and remember to be quiet, and except for lots of shuffling, not a murmur!! Woo hoo
I hadn't seen this.  Very cool  8)

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2015, 18:44:04 pm »
It's quite funny actually... Now every time she's getting ready for bed she tells me to ssh, because the bunny is sleeping!!  ;D. Great minds think alike eh Heidi?!

I too do not know how other mums do it. I was speaking to a friend yesterday and her 2.5yo still takes a 2.5-3hr nap a day. If she doesn't the poor little love is falling asleep at the dinner table!! She's so laid back though, much more than I am  ::). I truly do not know what I'd have done without BW, think I'd have definitely gone a little crazy.

Just to update.. We had a NND yesterday as we were out for the day and now she refuses to fall asleep in the car.  It was quite a journey 50mins there and back and didn't get home until 6.15pm.. Still didn't look like she was going to go to sleep on the way home (luckily as I didn't fancy a midnight BT  :P). Bath and in bed for 6.50, asleep by 7.05 and STTN until 6.30am (with only a couple of minor NW's we won't factor into it). First day capping the nap at 1hr today, didn't much like being woken but was ok after 10mims or so, BT 7.25 and she's shuffling about up there, but no call backs!! Woo hoo, think we might have cracked it, I can't thank you all enough  :-* :-*

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2015, 20:32:27 pm »
Sounds great!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2015, 13:37:45 pm »
Yay! Lol too cute that she is telling you to be quiet!
Heidi

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2015, 19:29:31 pm »
Just thought I'd update in case anyone comes across this post and has the same issues.

DD's sleep needs have dropped considerably, I didn't appreciate how much they could do that in such a short space of time. She went from a 2 hr nap and 11hrs ONS sleep (13/24) to 11/11.5hrs in 24 in around 2months.

We have had an incredibly busy week with family and she has coped very well on the odd 30min nap in the car, or NND's, late nights, not waking her in the morning etc. I logged it all. Total sleep still only 11hrs or max 11.5hrs whatever!

Now our new routine of wu 6/6.30, nap 1-2, BT 7.30 with asleep between 8/8.15, but no call backs, works well all round. Hth someone and thanks to all that helped with this xx

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2015, 07:21:54 am »
Hey Honey! Oh thank goodness you got there :) Very pleased for you, very very pleased!!!

x.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2015, 18:39:32 pm »
Thanks Vicki, you were wonderful as always  ;D. Hope all is well with you  :-* xx

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2015, 19:00:45 pm »
Thanks Vicki, you were wonderful as always  .

Not sure I was much help at all Hun! lol, but any support is good support I feel ;)

Things still a bit nutty here, but we're doing okay  :P  :-*

x.

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2015, 21:33:23 pm »
Now our new routine of wu 6/6.30, nap 1-2, BT 7.30 with asleep between 8/8.15, but no call backs, works well all round.
Great update :)
Happy you are all coping well :) (...until the next tweak ;) )