Author Topic: NW's 18 month old-up to 4hrs long!?!?  (Read 844 times)

Offline rachaelcole

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 17, 2015, 19:37:46 pm »
Oh my goodness-I have no idea what has happened in our house!! I posted early last week (or late week before that-I can't remember I am THAT tired!) about EWs. Well....they seem to have magically resolved themselves and have pathed a way for NWs.

We definitely have the 4 sharp 'eye teeth' (canines?) coming through and I'm fairly sure it's them causing the problem-however I'm just a bit taken aback at the impact they are having! I guess I had imagined that being 'sharp' teeth we wouldn't suffer too badly?

Anyway, DD is waking for between 1-4hours most nights at the minute & gets hysterical if we don't change the scene (she asks to come into our room or downstairs, at which point she's perfectly happy) but if we stay in her room she gets so worked up that she throws up.

I have absolutely no idea how to handle this one....? Any suggestions??

Thanks x

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: NW's 18 month old-up to 4hrs long!?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 22:21:08 pm »
What does his routine look like at the moment? Wake up, bedtime, naptime & length etc.

Eye teeth were the worst teeth for DD1 besides the 2 year molars (and those more due to sheer time than pain!). But not so for all kids, DD2 & DD3 (she is just getting all 4) seemed to be fine with those.

Personally I would be wary of taking her to other rooms during a nw as you are kind of setting the stage that she gets to decide what happens...but it does sound like if she is happy to leave her room that she may be undertired. 
Heidi

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 09:15:40 am »
Just popping on with extra ((HUGS)) Hun, ITA with Heidi. Just want to add that putting a pillow under her mattress could help with the teething pain. The blood pools around the teething site causing extra pressure and pulsating so raising her head may ease the discomfort in addition to meds.

x.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 02:59:42 am »
I so did not know that Vicki! Makes complete sense though!
Heidi

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 15:07:31 pm »
I so did not know that Vicki! Makes complete sense though!

Thrilled to have known something you didn't Heidi, made my day  ;D #feelinglikeasmartypants  ;)

How are things going Rachael  ???

x.