Author Topic: Teething bottle question- help!!  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 26, 2015, 18:28:42 pm »
LO is 10 months old and I can see that she is getting her 2 front teeth. The guns are swollen and I can see one tooth broke through. She does not have a fever ... But she has had dierreha for 4 days now and vomitted on sat, sun and Monday.... Nothing so far for Tuesday.... It was just once a day. Now today she took her bottle in the am 5 oz ... But refused her 11am and 3pm bottles... I put her milk in a sippie cup and she has taken a few sips but that's it ( she only bottle feeds with milk so I wasnt suprised that she only took a few sips). Is this normal? I've been giving her pedilyte in her water and in her bottles... She barely eats and solids... Just a few nibbles her and there. Today I gave her watermelon which she loves and she had about 4 pieces... Which I'm ok with because it's 90% water... And I got a few wet diapers from her today which is great. Please help... Is this normal or am I just making a mountain out of a mole hill and it will resolve itself in a few days...?

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 18:32:38 pm »
I should also mention when she cut her 2 bottom teeth she didn't have dierreha or refused bottles... Her disposition is very good for someone who is cutting 2 front teeth just a little more whiny then usual

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Teething bottle question- help!!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 18:50:42 pm »
It sounds to me like she has a bit of a tummy bug to be honest. Babies can get messy nappies from teething but not vomiting and diarrhoea for 4 days. Keep trying to get liquids in her and take her to see the Dr if her intake doesn't pick up or she continues to have the diarrhoea, keep an eye on those nappies. Hopefully it will resolve in a few days though!

Laura

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 22:38:37 pm »
She now refused her 7pm bottle... So I'm not sure what's going on. I think bug too... But with her Thoth just about to poke through I'm not to sure... So far she has only 5 oz of milk