Author Topic: Lots of chatting a bed time  (Read 782 times)

Offline toscacat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 19, 2015, 12:17:19 pm »
Lo is 21months and is usually very good. We have been on the following routine for ages. Seems to be high ish sleep needs.

Up between  0715-0745...I think he is awake maybe 15-20mins earlier but we don't hear him til then
Nap 1230-1500 independent sleeper no messing around and not a peep out of him....I sometimes have to wake him at three.
Put down to bed at 1915-1930 he used to go down a dream but now will sit and chat or bang the bars or call for daddy /mummy til 2015 ish

He doesn't tend to get upset so I am inclined to think whilst he is happy I won't change anything but is this to do with nap length? He seems to do it whether he has 1 & 1/2 (which he has with the childminder) or 2 hrs or three hrs nap so I am not sure it is.

One canine coming through but this has been going on for a few weeks.
Any thoughts?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Lots of chatting a bed time
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 21:46:56 pm »
We had a big language leap at around 21 months which threw sleep off for a while. If it's a recent thing I'd probably put it down to that and ride it out, maybe even put down for bed a bit later to reduce the amount of time he is delaying sleep and once the language leap is over everything should go back to normal.
If it's going on a longer time I would think about capping the longer naps. It may appear his BT antics do not change with the varying length of naps but his amount of sleep across a week would effect his overall level of tiredness and he would be more likely to go to bed on time - rather than looking at individual days/naps and BT on the same day. Hope that makes sense.

Those are my thoughts.

Offline toscacat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 21:01:58 pm »
Thanks. Yes the overall sleep makes sense so I shall ride it out for a little longer and then start capping. Would you cut to 2 hrs or cut it even more?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Lots of chatting a bed time
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 08:22:33 am »
I would probably cap at 2 hrs (so he is still getting less than this with CM but other days he would get 2hr instead of 3hr) and see how it regulates over time, like over a couple of weeks.