Author Topic: Same nap time when lo wakes late in morning?  (Read 8930 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: Same nap time when lo wakes late in morning?
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2015, 14:21:33 pm »
Yes average he used to do a 1 hour nap and 11-12 hour night. Just before we started getting nnds he was doing a great nap of a solid 1.5 hours and 11 hours at night. Ok I'm going to try early nap and see. I think at this point he's going to protest it whatever time it is right lol

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2015, 16:21:23 pm »
He's asleep at 12:15!! He did cry for like a few seconds then got comfortable and fell asleep like he used to always do at nap time!! Thanks for the tip! I wouldn't have thought to put him down early. I feel like it's a guessing game and each day is different. A pretty structured routine always worked for us in the past. We always did lunch and then right up for a nap at 1230. Maybe we are back! Or maybe it's just because he was up an hour earlier than usual and totally ot from the no naps the past two weeks!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2015, 18:01:45 pm »
He slept from about 12:15/20- 1:55!! Now my question is what time should I do bed? He was up today around 6:15 which is about an hour or more earlier than his usual 7/730.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2015, 02:38:36 am »
What did you end up doing for bed? Hope it worked! It is a guessing game really until the nap is totally done...and even then sometimes!
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2015, 10:42:59 am »
We ended up putting him in crib at 730 and it took him 30 mins to fall asleep which is his usual. Whenever he goes down at 8 it also takes him 30 mins give or take. The only time he hits the crib and falls asleep is when he's had no nap and we put him in at 630 then he passes out instantly. So I'm really not sure of what bedtime should be lol. He's already moving around at 630. So he has been waking earlier though on both nnds and days he does nap which is odd. Usually he's up around 730 so I'm not sure what that's about? Is it safe to assume today will be a nnd? Should I try and put him for nap earlier rather than later like I did yesterday?

« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2015, 12:13:50 pm »
I would be wary of an early nap reinforcing an ew, but it depends. If he needs to catch up on sleep a few days of an earlier nap could be fine. I would not purposely do a nnd really, I would try for a nap regardless.
Heidi

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2015, 12:48:19 pm »
Yes I agree, I know you are finding the nap fight a struggle ((hugs)) but I still think he's too young to be intentionally going without a nap x

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2015, 13:02:14 pm »
I agree too I'm not giving up! Lol. I don't think he necessarily needs to catch up today after a good day yesterday. What would be a normal nap time then? He woke at 7:15 today? Thanks ;)

« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2015, 14:17:06 pm »
For us with a good night and that wake up it would be between 12:30 & 1:00 sometime.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2015, 16:33:03 pm »
He went down at 1225 cried for a minute and fell asleep. I guess the crying is just his new thing when I lay him down. He also cried for a minute at bedtime last night. Maybe he's back to his old nap time and by me trying to push it out later I was making it worse like you mentioned he was getting a second wind! Two nap days in a row!?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2015, 17:46:47 pm »
He napped for 1 hr 20 mins 1225-145. What time should I do bedtime? He was up at 715 today.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2015, 08:28:48 am »
Hun I'd encourage you to listen to your instincts about nap/bedtime.  You are the only one there seeing how he is or isn't coping, we can offer suggestions but none of us 'know' when the right time is.  Personally at this age I'd be doing a set(ish) BT anyway so then you don't have to keep chopping and changing x

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2015, 17:49:52 pm »
We always did set nap and bedtime just find its hard when he's all over the place with naps to keep it scheduled. We try for a 12-13 hour day when he naps. I've gotten 4 nap days in a row though going back to old nap time between 1230-1 seems to be working although he does cry when I put him in crib. In finding if I leave him to settle for a few mins he calms and falls asleep. Once I start wiwo I'm doomed he seems to never settle that way. But the 2-3 mins of crying is hard :(

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2015, 18:06:19 pm »
I know it's never nice to hear crying, but 2-3 mins is pretty good really.  I suspect some people would almost kill for such an easy settle!  It sounds like more of a protest that he doesn't want to stop what he's doing if he settles that quickly.  Try to see it as his way of communicating xx