Author Topic: Same nap time when lo wakes late in morning?  (Read 8922 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Same nap time when lo wakes late in morning?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2015, 07:05:19 am »
Is he upset/miserable when he's calling Mummy?  What happens if you do go in to reassure?  I worry a little if it's making you feel that bad that you are going against your instincts by not responding  :-\ a genuine need for you should always be acknowledged, even if just with verbal reassurance from outside.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2015, 17:46:07 pm »
day 3 of no nap! I'm losing it!

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2015, 18:46:01 pm »
Can you AP at all? How is his mood?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2015, 20:00:14 pm »
No luck with ap he's not a car sleeper. Every night is hard because he's tired and delirious and clumsy so we can't really do much and as it gets closer to 6 he gets cranky and cries. Guess it will be another 630 bedtime night. Anything I can do?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2015, 00:10:12 am »
I'm starting to think he's just getting used to the 13 hours of sleep at night and he doesn't need a nap but I would rather him nap for an hour and go to bed laterI'm starting to think he's just getting used to the 13 hours of sleep at night than 630. Should I wake him tomorrow at 630/7?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2015, 10:43:26 am »
Yes I think I would if he is continuing to refuse the nap, wake him after 12h night sleep?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2015, 11:20:19 am »
Well I let him sleep today he's just waking at 7:15 from 6:30 last night. His night sleep is good and sound and if he was handling the afternoon well I wouldn't be so concerned but he isn't he gets a bit fussy and cranky and sometimes just stands around very quiet half asleep lol. Should I try for a later nap today? Although I did try that this week at 130 and 145 with no luck. Maybe I could try 2 and just let him sleep for 1 hour up at 3 and do bedtime at regular time at 8? That nap seems so late to me and he hates to be woken up. This is tricky. Could he really just be dropping his nap a month before he turns 2? Will he ever nap again lol

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2015, 11:21:41 am »
My bet would be developmental, I'd keep offering and even try an early nap - after 3 NNDs he may be really ready for it and hyper/OT by usual nap time x

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2015, 11:38:30 am »
Yesteday I did try a 1230 nap because he did seem tired hyper and grumpy but no luck. I tried again an hour later at 130 and still no luck. I'll see how today plays out and keep trying. Thank you

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2015, 15:50:00 pm »
(((hugs))) it's tiring I know :( out of interest have you tried the car nap?  Nothing to lose by trying right? DD was never a car sleeper but would catnap during the nap dropping phase and it really helped x

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2015, 16:59:22 pm »
Day 4 no nap! I just don't get it. How did he go from taking a 1.5 hour nap every day and then not? He just cries when I put him in crib and I do wiwo and nothing works. It's becoming so awful and stressful.  He's so hyper right now! Ugh!! My husband will never get to see him if he goes to bed  at 630 every night ;(

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2015, 17:47:06 pm »
Honest I think this is likely a developmental phase you need to ride out. Be consistent with whatever method you use to try to settle him and just hang in there. Can you maybe stay with him while he tries to settle and go for GW? Or even take a nap with him?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2015, 20:10:36 pm »
I've tried it all with no luck! The last time he did nap I went back in twice each time laying him down telling him it's time to take a nap and rubbed his back for a min as soon as I left the room he cried and called me but passed out in seconds but that hasn't worked the past 4 days. I tried around 1245 today then again an hour later. I think he's just not tired from sleeping 13 hours at night. But if he falls asleep at 630 tonight I'll have to wake him by 630 am! Unless I try to push him to 7 tonight but I'm sure he will be miserable. I just feel like I wasn't prepared for this yet lol.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2015, 10:43:22 am »
If I wake him a bit earlier in morning do you think it might be easier for me to get him down for nap? I'm just worried if I do and he he doesn't nap he's going to go to bed tonight even earlier than 630 and it will backfire on me. Or maybe I should try putting him down for nap at 2? That just seems so late to me for a nap. Last night he wasn't too cranky through the evening but tired and dazed and he doesn't eat much for dinner because of it but overall he wasn't too cranky. When I try for a nap and finally give up and take him out of crib he gets real hyper and active. Almost like it was a victory for him lol.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2015, 11:07:52 am »
I think with less night sleep a nap would be more likely, but if this is developmental resistance it's not guaranteed.  Have you tried a late catnap as in 3/3.30pm?  Go for a trip in the car, it can't hurt can it?