Author Topic: 6 month old feeding + sleep issues.  (Read 849 times)

Offline Flowery1106

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 20, 2015, 16:52:46 pm »
Hi
Since 3 months onwards, I think I've been quite confident with DD's sleeping.... until now.
I personally find 6 months quite tricky.. with so many changes!

Problems with my DD's feeding + sleep are as follows (for the past two weeks):
1. She won't eat until right before bedtime.
This applies to the morning feed as well. I don't force her to eat though I just encourage her. I don't night feed her so I assume she must be hungry but she just won't eat until she gets really tired and I sometimes end up feeding her to sleep (unintentionally). I usually burp her and wake her before I put her to bed though.. which makes her more difficult to sleep because I woke her up when she was rather drowsy.

2. It takes too long to get her sleep.
My DD used to sleep quite easily for the last two months. Now it takes about 30 min to get her to sleep. Sometimes longer. It gets worse for the bedtime which could take an hour to sleep. She seems like just wants to play and won't cry. But often she ends up crying as she miss the window and find it hard to sleep. However, she always seems happy when she wakes up (Hardly ever cries after sleep).

3. She used to get sleepy when I do quiet time with her before each nap + bed time. Now she won't get sleepy at all. I think this overlaps with the problem that I've mentioned just above.

Here's the background.
She's exclusively formula fed.
Formula: 160-180ml each feed
Wake time: Average 2 hr
Naps: 1hr - 2 hours in the morning and the afternoon followed by 30 min catnap
Night sleep: Goes to bed at 7:30 - 8:00 pm and wakes up between 6:00- 7:00 am.
Props used: Paci when needed. Ewan the dream sheep.
Medical issue: N/a
EASY routine: 4 hourly so it's E. 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11.00pm.
Bedtime routine: Bath, Diaper change,  5 min -10 min sitting time with music in the background, lay her down in the bed.

Please help. Should I change her EASY routine? Should I stop DF her at 11pm to help help her feeding as soon as she wakes up?? I really don't want to feed her to sleep as I'm worried that she might develop silent reflux.

Any advices welcome! Thanks for reading!

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: 6 month old feeding + sleep issues.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 21:30:57 pm »
Hi hun

It seems like she needs some more A time. 2 hrs A time is more suitable for a baby 4 months old, at 6 months she needs about 3 hours Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

She won't develop silent reflux at this age. If she prefers to feed at the end of her A time that's OK, you're doing the right thing by waking her before putting her in her crib.