Author Topic: Please help at wits end with 14mo  (Read 761 times)

Offline Nickie18

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Please help at wits end with 14mo
« on: May 21, 2015, 15:17:35 pm »
My DD is now 14 months and her sleep is worsening. Waking earlier and earlier. I also work full time and cannot keep this up-

She was waking around 6 or 6:30, we would do first nap at 11-11:55 and wake her ot pick up brother from school. Second nap at 3:30-4:30pm. For 4 days straight she would refuse her nap and just play in her bed for an hour before crying. We would then do early bedtime (as early as I could from getting home from work) around 6:30pm. After 4 days of no nap, we decided maybe she coudl change to one nap and started one nap at noon and she sleeps until 2:30pm and then bedtime at 7pm. But since then she has woken earlier and earlier and today woke at 4:55am and would not go back to sleep after a bottle, tylenol, diaper change, and even rocking her. I am exhausted. i also have a 3 year old that keep getting woken up by her and that i also have ot care for...

Any ideas? I am really about to break...

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 16:05:06 pm »
Probably slightly OT with such a nap transition. Can you try to go back to two naps or alternate days with 1 and 2 naps?
~Marta

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Please help at wits end with 14mo
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 18:30:35 pm »
We went back to 2 naps and then she started to refuse her second nap. so then we capped her first nap and still refused second nap. So went to one nap and seems better overall but still crabby and whiny. She now wakes around 6:30am (6am today:() and then nap from 11:30-1:30pm and then bed at 7- she now rolls around in bed for about 30 minutes quietly until she goes to sleep for the night. She is so hard to figure out!

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Please help at wits end with 14mo
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 11:02:59 am »
I'd try an earlier BT for a bit while she gets used to the one nap x