Author Topic: Severe nw's since being weaned  (Read 3583 times)

Offline Elvisking

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 06:41:24 am »
Hi Bec  :'(,

Hope you are well? Well, things aren't great. Daytime sleep is awesome & he is not waking at all during naps- in fact  I think this May be our new problem?? Naps are too long?
  Well, we had a kineseologist look at Max & basically she said he is allergic to dairy, wheat, oats, quite a few veg & fruits. Not great. We have had him off dairy for a good while & it has not made a difference whatsoever.
   I'll post the last two days easy for you to see, but basically we're usually waking 45min after going to bed (last night he didn't for first time in weeks) then there's 2/3 night wakings of 10-20 mins & then on the button up for the day at 5:35. Think it's too much daytime sleep? Also, what do you think of last activity time?

Up 5:37 bottle & tried to get him back over
E 6:20 downstairs for breakfast
S 8:47 (I woke him at 11:12)
E 12:20 lunch & dessert & bottle
S  2:50 (late as we were out) I woke him at 4:09
E 5:00 dinner & dessert
   6:00 supper
   6:30 bottle
S 7:03 asleep
Then up at 1:01am, 4:03 am & up for day at 5:38

Up 5:37 (tried to get him over) did for a short time
E 6:35 up & bottle & breakfast
S  9:50 (woke at 11:55)
E 12:10 lunch, dessert & bottle
S 3:05 asleep (woke 4:10)
E 5:05 dinner & dessert
   6:30 bottle
S 6:47 asleep
Awake at 7:33, 11:16, 4:27, 5:07- long wake time. Fed him a bottle. 6:20 up for the day.

It is driving us mad & we are ready to throw in the towel.we are exhausted & it cannot go on.

Is the first thing- cap naps??

Thanks Bec

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Severe nw's since being weaned
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 08:17:26 am »
Hi sweetie, sorry to hear its not getting much better :(

Can you remind me how old Max is now?

Those wakings early in the evening are more likely OT than UT, though I agree that a change to your day may help with that 5:37 waking.

My suggestions are:
- increase and keep consistent that first A time to 3:15 minimum, I'd say more likely 3.5hr from what you've written. You've done so well to increase it from where they were and you're getting good naps which means you're on the right track but you've got to push it a bit more if you're getting those EWs.
- Don't let him nap longer than 2hr (I see a sneaky 2.5hr nap in there)
- I'd probably leave that last nap a little longer and do a slightly later BT - well rested and with a slightly later BT, combined with the increased first A time, you should see the day shift later.

Maybe that second A time needs another bump too... that short nap on the second day you posted would suggest that, then the last A time would probably be ok rather than giving that OT waking early in the night.

How's he behaving now during the wakings after midnight?

How are you going sorting out a diet for him? I know its hard with so many things off the table, especially when he's eating so much in the way of solids. There are some very knowledgeable mums around who've walked this tough road - might be worth asking on one of these boards:
Feeding Solid Food
Colic, Reflux, & Crying

Offline Elvisking

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 09:25:02 am »
Thanks Bec, it's soul destroying. Max is 9 months on the 6th July.
That all sounds about right so thanks! Will give that a go today. Is it ok to sleep 2 hours in am (but no more) and what should maximum be for 2nd nap? 1.30/2hours??
He still isn't crying- it is just wide awake, happy & noisy!!! It's so hard to be relaxed when we are so uptight with having so little sleep.
  As for food....... That's another battle. I'm currently steaming veg & roasting meat & boiling quinoa & grains as we speak. It's going to be a challenge & I'll be posting on other boards later 😩😩😩
Thanks Bec xxxx

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Severe nw's since being weaned
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2015, 10:28:43 am »
There are plenty of shoulders to lean on here xx We've all been exhausted parents at some point, in need of someone to bounce ideas off!

Totally ok to keep the 2hr nap in the AM, cap the PM nap at 1.5hr or 45min-1hr if you're looking for that longer night. I suspect you'll shortly be doing something like this:
6 - WU
9:30 - nap
11:30 - wake
3 - nap
4:30 - wake
7:15/7:30 - BT

...which would then allow you to push WU later then cap the PM nap shorter and shorten the last A time a touch once you're happy with WU time.

If he's wide awake and happy, just leave him to go back to sleep - don't go in and interact. Pushing those A times should help with that once you've got them long enough, he shouldn't be so UT.