Author Topic: Gro Clock...problem using it in US  (Read 1046 times)

Offline bloosiern

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: May 26, 2015, 17:51:36 pm »
I ordered a Gro Clock a few weeks ago and it arrived today.  I knew I was ordering it from the UK but I had no idea that electrical outlets here in the US were different.  I can't use it because it won't plug into our outlets here.  I absolutely loved the clock online and like it even more in person so I really want to find a way to use it.  I looked online and it looks as though you can buy an adapter for the outlet but since the clock has a removable cord I was wondering if you can actually buy a new cord for the clock that has a US plug but the other end that will still plug into the back of the clock.
Lisa

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 18:19:12 pm »
Yes you can.  That is what we had to get to use the clock here.  My husband knows what it is that you need so I'll ask him to pop on and confirm.
The tweaking never stops!

Offline bloosiern

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 03:02:47 am »
Figured it out!  I used the cord from a clock in my room and it plugged right into the back of the Gro Clock like it belonged there all along:)

Just in case anyone ever has the same issue but doesn't have a cord at home that will fit, it looks like you just have to buy a universal ac power adapter.  I read a lot of reviews that stated just buying an outlet adapter wasn't sufficient because it didn't give the clock enough power to function as it was meant to.

Hope this can help someone in the future:)  By the way, I LOVE this clock so far!  I had a different one for my older daughter but this is much better.
Lisa