Author Topic: Unsure?  (Read 726 times)

Offline ClaireWizz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 29, 2015, 09:37:42 am »
Hi

My LO is 6.5 months and still yet to soundly sleep thru. I've just a random question about her 'wakenings'. Regardless of when she cries during the night, when I go into her her eyes are always closed and usually putting her dummy in just lets her drift back off with no problems. Some nights she'll cry quite hard, again will have her eyes shut, but seems to be adopting a crawling position/attempt (is in a sleeping bag) but again will settle with dummy but occasionally if not have to flip her onto her back and put dummy in and she's fine, rarely seems to wake up properly.
Question is, have I created a prop? Is she having night terrors/just dreaming? What's going on? I know in comparison to some peoples night wakenings (ie, still having to do night feeds) I seem to have it easy, but just not sure what's going on with her? Sometimes she'll give out a yelpy cry/shriek but if I don't rush in, she's stopped as quickly as she started. I try not to rush in straight away, to allow her to self settle, but worry if I leave her to cry she'll eventually wake herself up properly as well as her big brother!?!? She's able to pick up her own dummy and pop it in her mouth and also has 3 scattered around in her cot to grab, should she choose to.........
Any advice would be appreciated 😀

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Unsure?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 11:05:00 am »
It sounds like a prop issue to me, with a bit of development (compulsion to try to crawl even when asleep :P ) thrown in for good measure.

Offline ClaireWizz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:11:11 pm »
How do you/should I wean off a prop? Is it best just to go cold turkey and grin and bare some difficult nights?  ???

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Unsure?
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 12:53:41 pm »
That's the way I'd approach it. You could choose to focus instead on teaching her to replug for herself at night, but bear in mind it is really hard work to get rid of the paci from say 11 months - 3 years so if you are keen to wean it at some point, this may be a good time.