Author Topic: 4yo wants to eat all day!  (Read 4025 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Re: 4yo wants to eat all day!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 20:57:06 pm »
Those are great ideas for the yogurt. I know she would never go for regular yogurt...its bitter even for me but with some healthy additions I think shed go for it.

[/url]

Offline :: ANA ::

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Previously n&a's mommy
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 02:35:12 am »
Even if you actually add a bit of sugar it's way less than the sugar from a sweetened yogurt from the store I think.

What about cupcakes? Do you like to bake? There are many healthy recipes with whole wheat flour, fruits and even vegetables that you can add. 

A simpler option are popsicles, just blend favorite fruit with water and the sweetener of choice (if you want to), and put in the freezer.

I have tried many ideas from this site http://www.superhealthykids.com, they have plenty  of snack recipes that appeal to kids and that are healthy enough for moms to worry a bit less  :)

HTH!
Ana

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 02:39:29 am »
Ana that's awesome...I do bake but I never thought to dons one deceptively delicious stuff. I made mini banana bread muffins and she devoured them...

[/url]

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 09:06:49 am »
I've always made muffins without any sugar, they are sweetened with dried and fresh fruits and veggies (carrot, sweet potato) but there are also more savoury muffin recipes you could try.  I always felt that although dried fruits are still high sugar/sweetness it wasn't the same as cane sugar and there are nutritional benefits in various dried fruits which you don't get with sugar.  Even if you did add some sugar or honey as pp said it is still going to be less than shop bought cakes/candies etc.

There's a recipe for chickpea cupcakes which is pretty good. I offered them to a bunch of adults along with DS and not one of them knew they were eating basically beans and eggs.  There's another for red kidney bean choc cup cakes which tbh I wasn't keen on but my DS thinks they are great.  I have to be careful how many he has as beans seem to make his poo pretty lose.
Also you can frost muffins or cup cakes with cream cheese rather than icing or butter icing.

I like ana's popsicle idea. We made a dozen ice pops, half banana whizzed with milk and blueberries, poured out several full ice pops then several more just half full. Other half banana whizzed with milk and raspberries, again poured out several full pops and topped up the half blueberry pops to make a two-tone pop.  DS went crazy for them!

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 12:11:15 pm »
I have a zoku which if you know know, makes popcicles super fast and I've been wanting to try some new recipes. It is summer after all!!!!

[/url]