Author Topic: Started Night 1 of dream feeding! Advice/comments welcome ☺️  (Read 629 times)

Offline jasmina101

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi all! Started the dream feed a bit late at 13 weeks! Usually my dd would have bath 830 &bottle and be asleep by 9, but last night we started with bath 630 and asleep by 7! She is swaddled and slept til 1030 when I woke her slightly for her dream feed 5 ounces but she took 3 ounces!
She then woke up at 3am which was her usual waking time previously, fed her took 3 ounces again and went to sleep til 6!
I will be doing this every night now for at least 7-10 days so she picks up the habit and hopefully doesn't wake for the 3am feed!
Question :By day 7/8 if she is still waking for 3am feed :/ how shall I go about it ? Drop the dream feed and see how she goes ? Or keep going ? Anyone have success or advice
Thanks very much xxx

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Started Night 1 of dream feeding! Advice/comments welcome ☺️
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 07:15:27 am »
I think keep with it and see how she goes. It's not unusual to have 2 nf at that age anyway. Especially if she's still taking her normal amount on wu in the morning, I'd keep the 3am feeding too. What might become noticeable is that she's less interested in her first morning bottle or takes very little, then you could look at reducing the amount in the 3am bottle slowly so she takes more ounces later.

DF worked wonders here, but it's not for all LO's. I liked the consistency of it. Also it was a great way to involve DH. He did the DF at 10.30/45pm and I could sneak off to bed for a few zzzz's  ;) xx

Offline jasmina101

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 18:55:06 pm »
This is night 2 now 🙈 thanks for reply! I just don't want to mess with her cycle you know and make a rod for my own back! How young was ur LO when started ? And how did their night go to begin with ? Xx

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 05:13:56 am »
I actually started on day 2! Early I know. For me, it just made sense if I could top her up and catch some extra sleep too. So I'm probably not the best person to ask as we always did it, right up until she was 7mo or so.

The idea with it is that it forces the best part of night sleep to be after the DF time, which is when you'd like to have sleep too x