Author Topic: Wake Up Time  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Slpst5

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 09, 2015, 16:36:55 pm »
Do you wake your baby at roughly the same time every day? My DS is almost 5 weeks old and his wake up time varies based on when he ate last but I'm wondering if I should be starting his day around 7 regardless and counting a 5 or 6 feeding as a night feeding. TIA

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: Wake Up Time
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 19:54:52 pm »
You can do but you don't have to, 5 weeks is still very little but you can gently encourage a regular WU time if you want to. If you want 7am then you could accept up to half an hour either way as time to start the day, so wake at 7.30 if still sleeping, for example. And treat earlier wakings as night feeds. I'd try to make it a smaller feed than usual if close to our desired WU time, so if bf maybe just one side and if ff then a smaller amount. With DD I often ended up holding her asleep after a small feed until it was 'time' to get up - she settled in her crib after other night feeds. With DS I actually set alarms during the night so that he'd feed late enough not to get hungry again before WU time, but early enough not to have too much trouble settling afterwards. HTH?