Author Topic: Adapting EASY for kindergarten drop offs/pick ups  (Read 1121 times)

Offline emmamw06

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Adapting EASY for kindergarten drop offs/pick ups
« on: June 03, 2015, 06:54:47 am »
I have a 4 year old who attends kindergarten from 9-3 three days per week. I did EASY with her and we both responded well to routine. I am due with my second child in 4 weeks, she will be bottle fed.
I'd like to start EASY at 4weeks of age and am trying to organise a routine with kindergarten drop off/pick up disruptions.
If routine is normally
8.30 -10am nap
11.30 - 1pm nap
2.30 -4pm nap
5pm catnap
How do i work around kindergarten times when we will be in the car?
Is it possible to put everything back by 30 minutes? If so, does that mean baby goes to sleep at night 30 minutes later also?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Adapting EASY for kindergarten drop offs/pick ups
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 18:23:18 pm »
Are you asking if you can do other than a 7-7 day?  If that's the case yes of course!  Lots of people do 8-8, 6-6 etc it's just what suits your family.

Things to bear in mind - at 4 weeks 1.5h A time is likely to be way too long, the routine you've suggested would be appropriate at around about the 3 month mark.  Realistically your LO is only going to be able to manage an hour or less awake to begin with so if I were you I would be planning my EASY to actually take advantage of the fact newborns sleep well on the go and time some of your pickups/drop offs with naptime.  So for example:

WU 7
Nap 8-10 (put down in car seat and take on preschool run)
Nap 11-1 at home
Nap 2-4 (as per earlier nap)
Nap 5-6 shorter nap at home or on the go if needs be
BT 7

As LO gets older and more aware you may want to shift towards a day that accommodates the school runs better with naps at home, but bear in mind the routine will change many times in the first year and to an extent second (or subsequent) LOs just have to be a bit more flexible.

Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy and the delivery!

Offline emmamw06

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 22:45:21 pm »
Thanks. Can you tell me how to adapt the routine to, say, 8-8? And when is it best to start this?

Offline wilow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 10:00:19 am »
I do have a question how to adopt the easy routine with drops offs/pick ups
I have Ds1 2 years old and he is going to playschool 3 times a week. We drive him with the car around 8.40am and pick him up around 12.30pm.
The problem I have is with my DS2 he wont take a long nap in car seat or pram to be honest. He naps only 30 minutes and does not matter if we move or stop.
So we end with 2 really short naps in the morning, he wont back to sleep even if I put him in his crib. I try change his routine from 3 to 4 hours but after short naps he cannot manage 1.45 hour A time. What I should do?? He is ok any other days.
thank you for any help

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 11:01:57 am »
Sorry Emma-I must have missed your reply :( for an 8-8 day just do everything for a 7-7 day but an hour later.

Wilow-your question will really depend a lot on how old LO is, do you have your own thread somewhere? But in general, shorter A after a shorter nap and don't be afraid to move a feed slightly early or late if you need to :). Some mums with regular commitments aim for more set nap times, or at least plan for nap 1 to be short and focus on getting the next A right for a catch up x

Offline wilow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 15:24:08 pm »
Hi I'm sorry I'm new here I don't know how it's works. I've thread about my 2 year old but probably I need make a new one. Thank you for reply 😃

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 17:55:58 pm »
No apology needed :) let us know when/if you post and I'll pop over to your thread :D