Author Topic: Transitioned to 4 hr EASY and now waking up too many times!  (Read 895 times)

Offline CeyAM

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

I transitioned my almost 4 month old to the 4hr EASY routine from the 3hr routine. Since the transition, he has been getting up many more times at nights (12:30am, 2am, 4am, 5am), and struggling going back to sleep (offering paci, rocking, etc). He is not really hungry (maybe snacks on an oz if I try), so I don't think that is the reason why he wakes up. I was not sure if it was the new routine causing the night awakings and if I should try to switch back to 3/3.5hr routine. Or maybe it is a growth spurt?

He does well during the day - we can mostly follow the routine. Naps ok (45 min to 2 hrs). He takes 5 oz or so at each feeding. We give him expressed milk in a bottle and supplement with formula when needed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Transitioned to 4 hr EASY and now waking up too many times!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 12:20:18 pm »
How quickly did you do the transition? How is LOs mood in the day?  Could he be overtired do you think?  What A time are you on (I'm assuming about 2h)?

Is he an independent sleeper?  This could also be the 4m sleep regression which is where the effect of sleep props can become apparent as LO starts to be more wakeful at night and looks for the same conditions he fell asleep with to resettle again.  If he isn't an independent sleeper this would be a good time to encourage those habits as then the impact of routine or other factors eg teeth is clearer to work out.