Author Topic: EBF, would love DD to take bottle of expressed milk but no luck so far  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Joy-filled

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 11
We've tried to get DD to take a bottle about a dozen times in the past few weeks.  She won't have anything to do with it.  She just pushes it out and the more DH tries the more she resists and then she eventually gets pretty upset. This what we've tried:

- DH offers the bottle and I hide in another room or take DS for a walk so I'm not around
- We've tried a couple of different nipples to see if it would help but no difference so far
- We warm up the expressed milk so it's a good temperature
- DH offers it whenever she's hungry after he gets home from work. She usually is hungry and asks around 7.

We haven't tried in the morning or during the day.  Would that be a good next step to try?
**Char**

<a href="http://lilypie.com/">

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
No experience here I'm afraid, have you had a look at this link?

A bottle (or more!) a day…  Mixed breast and bottle feeding

Hopefully that will help!

Laura

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
We tried to give DD expressed milk in all sorts of different ways when she was about 3mo - nothing worked, if anything went in it just got spat out! But she took it in a cup from DH at around 6-7mo, it has a spout but actually DH found she took it better with the top off to start with, just drinking from the rim of the cup, was a bit messy but once she recognised what was in the cup she was happy to use the spout with less spillage. We did this for her second feed of the day while I was out, maybe easier than at bedtime? I'd suggest that if she's been getting really upset, you could leave it a week or more and try during the day, unless you're in  a hurry? You could even try a cup at 5mo. What do you,think?

Offline Joy-filled

• Showing Appreciation 11
Thank you for the replies!  :)

Silly me, but I'd never thought that of course she'll eventually at least take it by cup so it won't be too much longer before she can be left with DH or a babysitter!  I think we'll just take a break from trying the bottle and try in a cup down the road.

Thanks!
**Char**

<a href="http://lilypie.com/">