Author Topic: 6 months old, LSN ? , NW. Need to fix routine  (Read 4097 times)

Offline momt2girls

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 6 months old, LSN ? , NW. Need to fix routine
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 13:33:34 pm »
Thank you so much for sharing your own experience! I started doing what you did about 2 weeks ago and it did help us a lot. She did have quite a bit of crying but i never left her alone and we made a big progress. We still have issues with BT from time to time because she doesn't have any sleepy signs. At nap time she is tired and i can see that but at BT she shows no tiredness at all and i have to guess...

Ok. She is 7 months tomorrow. And today was our first STTN! All day was not according to my plans but looks like it was a good thing :)
WU 7.00
A 3h30
S 10.30-12.00 she woke up by herself a bit grumpy
A 3h
S 15.00-15.40 she woke up screaming, i was not around and my husband just picked her up :) and took her out of the room
A 3.30
BT 19.05 after BF, she cried for about 2 mins, flipped on her tummy and fell asleep
NW 01.15 BF
WU 7.00

Several previous days her total sleep was around 12-13 hours ( if you count those NW and selfsettling/resettling) so my guess is that last night she was catching up ( she got total sleep in 24 hours 14h10mins ) I will try to repeat the routine today but not sure it will work if she caught up on her sleep. What do you think I should do next if she starts fighting BT again and do NW?

I am trying to think ahead as i know that she is catching up and i will have to adjust her routine pretty soon. Just want to have a back up plan as i have no idea what to do next if things go wrong again. See how pessimistic I am. Scared to lose what I got...

Offline momt2girls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 11:31:08 am »
second night after her perfect night didn't go so well. Untill BT our day went same way
WU 7.00
A 3h30
S 10.30-12.00
A 3h
S 15.00-15.40
A 3h15
BT 18.55
NW 19.40-20.10 took almost 30 min to resettle
NW 11.30, BF back to sleep
NW 5.03-6.15, played and cried, alternating. I BF her at 5.45, that did not help
S 6.15-7.50
WU 7.50
 Tried to wake her at 7 a.m and had no luck: windows open, fan is running, i am talking loud next to her, touching her, she cryied out, turn on the other side and kept sleeping. Never happened like that before!!! She doesn't even respond to her sister trying to play with her!!!
Woke up on her own at 7.50, happy.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:01:13 pm by momt2girls »

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 06:49:47 am »
At least she woke happy this morning :) she may still be dealing with some OT build-up, I finder it takes more than one good day to get back on track xx

Offline momt2girls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 16:35:09 pm »
Why do u think she is still OT? Her BT was 15 mins earlier then on her perfect day, plus she got a long NW ( although she was not too happy about it, kept rolling, sucking on her bunny, cried from time to time).
And what should I do? Stick to the routine I had on a perfect day or do some changes?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 17:07:29 pm by momt2girls »

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 18:16:17 pm »
Early NWs are usually over tiredness here, that's why I wondered :). The 'perfect' day she had a long A after a short afternoon nap, we often get seemingly better nights on those kind of days because LO crashes out, the early NWs seem to happen for us when there is OT but not total exhaustion if you see what I mean?  It's also worth just reminding ourselves occasionally that babies aren't robots (I am guilty of forgetting this sometimes....) so the same input doesn't necessarily equal the same output in terms of sleeping xx