Author Topic: 2.5yr EWs - 1-0, last tooth, developmental - yawn!  (Read 732 times)

Offline K-JDA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
2.5yr EWs - 1-0, last tooth, developmental - yawn!
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:23:59 am »
Hi

Had EWs with DS for a couple of weeks now. 5am starts are not fun!

DS is 32.5 months and is having a massive language explosion so am sure this is contributing as developmental leaps are pretty intense here and impact sleep massively. We were having quite a few NWs but these have stopped now.

Have cut the nap to 45 mins from an hour this week since Tuesday but has not had any effect on WU and we have been potty training since last Saturday so now when he EWs he is calling to go on the potty but then can't get him to get back in bed!

He is getting his last molar which has been poking through for weeks but doesn't seem to be making a full appearance so not sure if it bothering him or not - he doesn't seem to be in pain and has not needed meds so far....

Days are way too long - have been trying to stay consistent with asleep by 7.30 but have had quite a bit of messing about/shouting back etc at bedtime so has been 7.45/7.50 before asleep then up at 5.15/30/40. Have tried EBT but then we get loads of messing about and a late bedtime. Nap time varies but generally 1-1.30 for 45 mins. He is horrible when woken!

He is probably OT but if he is then he is suddenly hiding it well as his mood is pretty good. OT here has always manifested itself in tantrums, NWs etc as he is a touchy sleeper.

Have had a couple of NNDs in the last 3 weeks but these were generally a disaster with NWs.

Not sure of the way forward - would welcome some thoughts!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 2.5yr EWs - 1-0, last tooth, developmental - yawn!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 17:28:28 pm »
Hi hun, when my DS was first PT we had a spell of EW for wee's which did pass after a couple of weeks.
Also we went from 1.5 he naps, to 45 mins but still had BT messing so pretty quickly went to 20 mins which is the only time he doesn't wake cranky....could you try 20 min naps and earlier BT to see if that helps?
Zoe

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 18:46:24 pm »
Thanks for the reply!

Good to know about the PT - had visions of this lasting forever! ;D

Can give a catnap a try - might be hard with him being at nursery as he gets so tired there as he is on the go the whole time!

Can't believe the nap is on its way out - eek!!!

How do you go to a catnap after an EW and avoid a real OT mess?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 19:46:24 pm »
My DS is at nursery 3 full days 7.30-5pm so he gets tired but they were good and gave him 20 mins with the others then I made sure he was in bed by 6pm the first couple of weeks. It was hard as only gave us a bit of time when we got home to play but I figured if he was going to wake at 5.30am he might as well be in bed early.

It could well be to do with the language as well as my DS is an EW but an extra early EW when things are happening like speech! 

The only way really is EBT and my DS can behave like he's not remotely tired if I miss the early window. Honestly the 1-0 is pants a lot of the time we've had to wing it and see how DS copes. xx
Zoe

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 07:06:19 am »
Haha yes it is pants and winging it is exactly what is going on here!!! At least it is summer so getting up at 5 feels a little less like the middle of the night - or that is what I am telling myself anyway!!! I was apparently a chronic EW'er as a child til after 2.5yrs so this is obviously payback time!!!!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 10:56:15 am »
Lol yeah I feel semi human at 5.30 in the summer....we had 5.40 this morning and wanting to play peek a boo with his duvet!!
Zoe