Author Topic: Did your LO outgrow MSPI? Reflux? If so, when?  (Read 3439 times)

Offline FroggyMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
Did your LO outgrow MSPI? Reflux? If so, when?
« on: June 09, 2015, 01:46:12 am »
My DD, who is 10 months old, has milk/soy protein intolerance and reflux.  Her pediatric gastro doctor says most kids outgrow this.  They are wanting to start seeing how she will do with soy and some dairy products such as yogurt, cheese, etc. in about a month or so.  This makes me nervous.  She is currently getting over an allergic reaction to mangos, and I'm just not keen on the idea of seeing how she does with dairy/soy yet. 

For those of you with MSPI children, did they outgrow it?  If so, how old were they when they did?  At what age did you start to introduce dairy/soy?

For those of you with children with reflux, did they outgrow that?  If so, when?

Thanks for your help!  :)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Did your LO outgrow MSPI? Reflux? If so, when?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 03:04:25 am »
DD1 & DD2 were MPI, DD3 was MPI (possibly soy too but never did figure that one out completely) and had reflux like symptoms but I think it was due to intolerances and not actual reflux as it cleared up once I eliminated dairy, soy, eggs and I think I was GF for a while too. DD1 was fine with dairy by 11/12 months, DD2 not until she was 5 years old and DD3 was somewhere around 18 months - she is not a fan of milk though so still drinks formula twice a day.

As an aside...my nephew is allergic to mango & kiwi (among other things!).
Heidi

Offline 4babycolt

• if the babies are learning fast then that means I gotta be faster!
  • New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 03:33:44 am »
My DS did have reflux and it it was really only a problem when he was trying to sleep. I noticed that when I stopped BF him to sleep (~ 12 months old) he stopped waking 45 mins after being put down. He would wake just SCREAMING!!! And I know it wasn't dt not still being on the breast bc i use to hold him and he still woke up screaming and fussing.

Hope that is some help for you.

On another note about soy
http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/feeding-eating/bottle-feeding/soy-formulas
Prepare to succeed. Never stop learning!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 21:55:22 pm »
Olly outgrew his milk allergy by 2 xx

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 22:11:35 pm »
Silent reflux for my DS. Stopped meds at 2yo.  But just started a thread of my own as it's back at 4yr 4 months :(  now I'm wondering if he's been suffering for ages without me knowing! Gah!

As a bit of an aside, mine has always been fine with cows milk, cheese, cream cheese, but yoghurt he couldn't handle, made him really refluxy and even the last couple of years he has not regularly had yoghurt, a little as a dip now and again but not a pot of yoghurt as a daily snack like many kids would have.  Just thought I'd mention for if/when you do your dairy trial. A undesirable reaction to yoghurt may not necessarily mean all dairy iyswim.

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 19:14:21 pm »
Dd2 by about 18 mo x
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline Hedgehog17

• Showing Appreciation 71
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 19:26:39 pm »
DS is still MPI at nearly 5yo, but because I know it's A1 casein he reacts to I can give him A2 milk  :)

He stopped having meds for reflux by 18mo, but he does get a minor flare (loads of hiccups) every time he grows. I don't medicate as he isn't in any pain with it.

It seems to be totally random and variable! It's fine to trial them on dairy every 6 months from 12mo - you'll soon know if they are still reacting - as we have done with DS  :)