Author Topic: EW... 9.5month old!!  (Read 766 times)

Offline Henty

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: June 10, 2015, 08:19:32 am »
How do I stop EW? Im tired :(
My DD is wakening up at 5.30am everyday for past 2 weeks without fail!!
She wakes up happy and i just try and try to get her back to sleep and she usually does but not till about 6/6.30 and then she sleeps until 7/7.30.

Her day is

Wu: 7 (after getting her back to sleep from 5.30)
Bottle then breakfast
Snack before nap
Nap: 12-2
Lunch on wu
Snack at 3.30
Dinner 4.45
Bottle 6.50 and shes asleep for 7.

She dropped to 1 nap at 8months as 2 naps gave us lots of NWs.
I use a blackout blind and she can replug her dummy herself.

2 weeks ago she was sleeping 11/12hours a night and just stopped!
Pretty obvious shes LSN, so could perhaps 10.5hr a night is all she needs? If so do i just need to shift my day so she goes to bed at 8 and wu at 6.30?

Thank u!

Baby Girl 💗 27/8/14 💗

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
Re: EW... 9.5month old!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 20:11:03 pm »
Before she started EWing, was she doing 2hr naps then too, or has that increased since she started EWing?  I'm just wondering what her total sleep needs are.  My son is also LSN and was only sleeping about 12.5hrs in 24 at 9.5 months, so if she's definitely LSN it's possible that she's getting too much day sleep to be able to sleep 11 hrs at night.  However, it could also be OT build up from dropping to one nap. 

What do you think about trying a 20 minute catnap at 9am and then normal nap at 12 or 12.30? That'd rule out OT  before trying to cap her nap and potentially making any over tiredness worse.

Offline Henty

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:15:18 am »
Thank you for your reply.
well before we went to 1 nap i was capping her nap at 1 hr 30min so i could get a catnap in. And then when i dropped to 1 nap she was doing 2/2.5hours but i always have to resettle at some point but ive alwayssss had to do that for her naps since shes been 5weeks!

I did a couple 15mins at 9am when i couldnt get her back to sleep at 5.30am and then a normal nap at 12. But i havent tried a catnap when she gets up at 7am but i guess i could try that!
Only other thing would be to increase A time and cap nap? She just seems soo young to be doing this! Im scared she is going to drop her nap really young! Ahh!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:17:07 am by Henty »
Baby Girl 💗 27/8/14 💗

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 20:29:34 pm »
I'd try APing a cn at 9 after WU at 7 and then a normal nap at 12.30 first, yes, though if she's LSN and anything like my so she'll refuse the cn at 9 ;)

The other thing to try is a slightly earlier nap - at 11.30, say, adn to do a cn in the afternoon if she does a short nap.  I'd definitely try and rule out OT before increasing her A any more, though, like I say, it may turn out that she's very LSN and needs it.  It's unusual to be that LSN....  Doesn't mean she isn't, though!

Offline Henty

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 20:57:18 pm »
I actually tried a catnap this afternoon as she only slept 1hr 40mins and i tried it in the car but no joy!
I just need the EW to stop!  I will try a drive in the car in the morning at 9 and see if she will fall asleep!
Baby Girl 💗 27/8/14 💗

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 21:11:06 pm »
Good luck :) If that doesn't work, maybe try and earlier nap instead.  She may cn in the afternoon if her first nap falls slightly earlier, but if not then at least you'll know if she does any better with a longer A in the afternoon!