Author Topic: Introvert/extrovert babies  (Read 1506 times)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Introvert/extrovert babies
« on: June 07, 2015, 18:23:45 pm »
Hi there, just curious... I'm an introvert, so is DH and DS, so much as we enjoy being around other people, we do find it tiring. I remember as a baby, DS would crash out and take an unusually good nap, provided we caught him before he was OT and he was in his own cot, if we'd been around lots of other people for a while. Not so if OT/OS - then he'd just get crazy hyper and eventually have a meltdown! DD on the other hand, has always appeared to me to be more extroverted and I understand (but can't imagine it!) that extroverts actually get energised from being around other people, right? So today after church in the morning, where crèche was busier than she was used to, she really struggled to nap at her usual time, but seemed more UT than OT. Same again at BT, after we'd been to a party in the afternoon, she just seemed to have more energy than she would have done usually, and not just in an OT/OS kind of way? So anyway, this isn't really a question about sleep as such, just wondering what others have found with their introverted and extroverted LOs - do your extroverts really get more energy by being around lots of other people and get less tired than they would have done at home? And at what age did you notice these characteristics developing?

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Introvert/extrovert babies
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 07:51:36 am »
Hmm, interesting to think about!  I think my dd2, who is more introverted than my other 2 definite gets more worn out from being around people -- though she's older so it's trickt for me to remember how she was as a baby!

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 11:39:30 am »
DS is an extrovert and can keep going more easily with others around - I remember when he was teething it helped to take him somewhere really busy. I'm not sure it affects the amount of sleep he needs, though.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 13:56:07 pm »
DD1 & DD3 are both extroverts as far as I can tell...they both thrive on being out and about around other people (if only DD3 liked her carseat she would be a great traveller :P).
Heidi

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 14:18:31 pm »
That's interesting, thanks for sharing :)