Author Topic: help needed - we were doing so well :-(  (Read 704 times)

Offline kmalbin

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 12, 2015, 06:09:08 am »
Hiya, I've not posted for a long time as we finally FINALLY got DS to sleep through the night.  He has asthma and allergies and is 27mnths.  He took inhalers, montelukast granules and daily antihistamine up until 3 weeks ago when we had to stop antihistamine and montelukast for skin prick tests.  Since dropping the meds he has been a nightmare, NW and EW every single night, the EW are getting earlier and we were up at 4:50 this morning!

His day used to look like

WU 7am
S 12:30 - 2:00/2:30
BT 7pm

Now he's all over the place, still napping during the day but NW at random times through the night with EW of around 5.  He went all day yesterday without at nap as we went to his friends house so I put him to bed at 6pm, it was the worst night of all.

So basically I am looking for advice on what to do, and why this is happening? What is going on?? Help?!  💤

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: help needed - we were doing so well :-(
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 08:07:52 am »
Hello and welcome back :)
Seems he needs those meds - if I'm reading this correctly you dropped the meds 3 wks ago and have not resumed the medication routine since then...and his sleep has gone right off track without them. Yes?
The most obvious solution here is to re-start the meds, give them time to kick in and see how his sleep settles back down.

Of course he could be heading towards dropping that nap but as this all happened when you dropped the meds that's where I'd look first.