Author Topic: 18 month old and day nap all over the place  (Read 856 times)

Offline Jay2512

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
18 month old and day nap all over the place
« on: June 15, 2015, 21:15:04 pm »
For the last month or so my 18 month old girl is having real trouble with day naps. Sometimes she will go down fine and then wake up after 20 mins or so or more recently crying when I try to put her to sleep. I've had to use pick up and put down to get her to sleep and even then she will only sleep 20mins! When she wakes up she is clingy and not very playful so I don't think she's ready to drop a nap?!

Night sleep is ok but she does call out. She always puts herself back to sleep within seconds and I'm not having to do anything.

Prior to this she has always slept well independently.

She has had two teeth come out too over this time but the day nap still is difficult.

Any ideas of what's goung on? Please tell me this is a phase and will go? Going on a month is a pretty long time.....

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
Re: 18 month old and day nap all over the place
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 21:17:16 pm »
I'm going to move this over to Sleeping for Toddlers as your LO is over 12 months old, but is she still on 2 naps? Most have moved to one nap by now, so it could be that,  or teething,  or there is a big sleep regression at 18 months so it could be that.

Offline Jay2512

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 18 month old and day nap all over the place
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 20:02:49 pm »
Little one only has one nap since about 13 months of age. Reading through the 18 month regression pages and it does sound a lot like that. Thanks.