Author Topic: Baby takes a long time to fall asleep for bedtime  (Read 708 times)

Offline newbie_momsie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Baby takes a long time to fall asleep for bedtime
« on: June 16, 2015, 02:46:30 am »
Been posting a lot recently regarding DD's sleep throughout EASY and really appreciate all the help I am receiving especially from moderator Creations. Things are going well and I am still tweaking DD's bedtime sleep. I am still having trouble getting DD to sleep on time. I don't know why she has the hardest time going to bed.

She starts her day at 6am. She is a 5am baby since forever. I usually get her to settled for 1 hr of sleep more and she would wake up at around 6am every morning. Would also like her to wake up at 6am or 7am by herself without a 5 am waking as well! Tried W2S before...didnt work. Also tried leaving her to self settle and sometimes it works but more often not. I try to aim for 7pm bed time in crib by then and her last nap would be a cat nap 1 hr. It is a pretty long day for her and when bedtime comes, after wind down routine, she would still be awake at 8pm or later :(

Her EASY today:

6am Eat
830am Nap1
10am Eat
1230pm Nap 2
2pm Eat
415pm Cat Nap
508pm Wake up and do activity time until next feed
615pm Eat
645pm wind down
710pm in crib awake
800pm finally fell asleep by herself after 50mins of babbling, playing with lovey and rolling around in crib

It stresses me out to see her like this because I think she gets overtired and not enough night sleep. We dream feed her at 10pm which she sometimes is awake for so she loses 30mins of sleep there. Her daytime sleep is 4 hours. I even tried to reduce her last A time to 2 hrs instead of 2.5 hrs since she only gets a 45-60min cat nap. Is this a good call?

What can I do to help her sleep at the right bed time 7pm or 730pm latest? Should i keep A time at 5pm before her last feed very low key? Should we play in dim lighting? Feed her in dim lighting in her room?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 04:11:40 am by newbie_momsie »

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Baby takes a long time to fall asleep for bedtime
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 06:16:08 am »
800pm finally fell asleep by herself after 50mins of babbling, playing with lovey and rolling around in crib

So she's not crying or upset? Is she in anyway distressed in that 45-60mins? or is she just babbling & rolling around, because if she is happy then I'd totally just leave her to it & not worry at all.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05