Author Topic: quick question about bedtime bottle  (Read 1466 times)

Offline morvayc

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: June 16, 2015, 15:25:55 pm »
Hello,

LO is 16.5 months, and just has a bottle at BT.  I'm wondering if anyone has experienced better or longer sleeps after giving up the BT bottle completely? I don't know if it is just coincidence, but I have found that my LO has slept longer on the mornings where she wakes with a dryer diaper.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: quick question about bedtime bottle
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 18:01:57 pm »
Not sure I understand your question correctly but I saw you didn't have any replies yet so thought I'd post :)

Do you mean that your LO has a drier diaper if she has less at her BT bottle and you think this leads to better sleep?
I suppose she could be more comfortable if she is less wet although with modern diapers I think they generally feel dry to baby's skin whether full or not don't they?

FWIW I didn't see any change in DS's sleep, we dropped the BT bottle at 12 months, he neither slept better or worse.  At just over 2yo though our health visitor did say that dropping the BT feed earlier helps towards night time dryness (although it is not the only factor involved), my DS was day dry and had just started having some dry nights at that time which she felt was helped by having not had a BT feed in a year but instead having his big milk drink of the day in the morning.

Offline morvayc

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 21:23:00 pm »
Yep, that is exactly what I was wondering.  Thanks for the response!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: quick question about bedtime bottle
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 21:28:07 pm »
OK :)

Well maybe if you didn't want to drop the BT bottle you could trial a different night nappy which might be more absorbent and more comfortable to help her sleep better?
Or move the BT feed earlier than BT so there is time for another wee before sleep?
Or perhaps you are ready to drop the BT bottle, dairy needs can be fulfilled in other ways or other parts of the day.

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 15:07:09 pm »
DD2 wasnt ready to give up her bedtime bottle until 25/26mo.  I just put her in a nighttime diaper so she didnt have leaks.

Now she has a small sippy of milk (about 3-4oz) 30min-1hr before bed and her diapers have generally  been much drier at night, but I definitely let her take the lead on dropping the bottle :)