Author Topic: Sleep training my one year old  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Jessleigh

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • www.burningonebooks.com
Re: Sleep training my one year old
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 13:24:56 pm »
Things are just not getting better. Yesterday he woke at 11, 3:30, 4:30, 5:30 and then up for the day at 6:05 because I just didn't have the energy to stand next to his crib anymore at that point.

He napped in the car both times on the way 2 and from visiting friends over and hour away so it was 9:45-11 and 2:45-3:25.
BT 7

Settled by 7:25
WU last night at 12 and was pushing against me when I PU so I pd and he freaked. Finally realized he wanted water. Settled after I gave him some.
Then WU at 5:50 and would not go back down. Did same thing pushing away and freaking out. Gave water. He calmed down but was restless til 6:15 when I finally gave up and got him up cuz he started freaking again and I didn't want him to wake his sis.

So frustrating not to see progress. Not sure what to do

Loving every day doing the most important job in the world!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 16:35:24 pm »
I would check him out with docs, it might be discomfort from reflux or could be ears. Teething often makes them thirsty too.

It's so hard, have u felt any molars coming through?x
Zoe

Offline Jessleigh

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 13:48:38 pm »
Last few nights have been a mess. NW at 11, 3:30, 4:30, 5:05. Restless til up at 6 for the day.

And then it was nW at 12 and 5 but both times he was super mad and pushing me away when I tried to PU and give quick pat. Giving water finally calmed him down.

This am he slept thru til 5 and was quite awake. I tried for 45mins to get him back down in crib. I was so exhausted I finally pulled him out as I was worried he'd wake sister and I ended up rocking him in the rocker. He finally fell asleep and I woke him at 6:45 when sister got up. I feel like I've ruined everything. But I'm so tired of not seeing progress over the last nights but instead getting worse again.

Offline Jessleigh

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 13:51:12 pm »
Not sure about teeth. And dr adjusted him for a hernia yesterday but it didn't change sleep. Now I feel like I'm back to square one since I held him and it's gonna be a battle. I just couldnt start my day at 5am!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 15:23:48 pm »
Hugs honey don't worry you won't have ruined things, we've been back and forwards so many times with sleep I loose track. Only a few months ago I sat with DS on my knee in the rocker as he couldn't settle and he's 38 months. I would've done the same 5am is too early to be up.

For so many frequent NW I would think its discomfort, maybe the meds take a while to kick in and sometimes we don't know it's teeth until they surface. A later WU might just help you get a better mood for the day.

How are naps?x
Zoe