Author Topic: Persistant ENW's  (Read 5562 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
Re: Persistant ENW's
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2015, 18:45:50 pm »
I'm just wondering if I need to push A times as well as its getting harder to get her down for all her naps she ends up just sitting up in her cot. I'm not sure where I go from here routine wise I was used to long am / short pm with dd1, where I just kept pushing the first A to get to a decent nap then EBT when CN refused. I'm not really sure the plan on a short am / long pm nap. Where do I push the times, do I move the 2nd nap. Do I push bt or keep it shorter and push the other 2. Just a bit confused, could you give we a wee help please x   

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2015, 10:56:24 am »
Hey Hun sorry I've been a bit slow to reply, been at work all weekend and just catching up now.

Really with short am, long pm you can keep morning nap where it is and just shorten, and bring the pm nap earlier.  How is your day looking right now?

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2015, 13:42:11 pm »
No problem honey. I know how busy you must be.

At the moment our day looks like this.

WU 6:30
A    3hrs 5mins   
S    30mins
A    3hrs 30-35mins
S    1hrs 25-35mins
A    3hrs 30-45mins
BT

With nap 2 she is taking longer to fall asleep and sometimes needs my help and BT is hit an miss, if I go earlier she sits up playing then needs help to sleep. If I go later she is crying quite a but before bed.

We are still getting NW's last night we actually only had 1 (first time in ages) at 3:30 but lots and lots of ENW cry outs but self settled. We get between a 11.5 - 12 hr night. 

Or today woke after 1hr 15mins afternoon nap very unhappy  :(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 13:52:46 pm by Eva's Mummy »

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2015, 18:40:37 pm »
I wonder if her A time after her first nap might be a bit long - do you think she'd go down sooner?  We got a lot of 1h25 or 1h35 naps which I think were more OT than UT when we were doing that sort of a routine.  Maybe try for more like 2.5h second A so 6.30 WU, 9.30-10 nap, 12.30 to hopefully 2.30 nap then say 7pm bedtime?

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2015, 13:11:27 pm »
I am thoroughly stunned. I didn't think she would go down after 2.5hrs so I cut back gradually. And at 2hrs 45mins she has been sleeping for 2hrs (I wake her) she will sleep longer which I think I try and see how it goes. Just trying to stagger BT's.

We did 4hrs A time before bed and she struggled and had 3 NW's the next night she was crying at 3hrs 30 so I git her down at 3hrs 40 and she slept from 18:40 - 5:45 I settled her then I had to wake her at 7.

I cant believe she still needs such short A times. She starts at the CM's in a week (I hope) so goodness knows how she will cope then.

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2015, 16:11:52 pm »
Hang in there, she's clearly one who likes her sleep and no need to rush towards one nap. Keeping theA times short at home will help with wonky sleep on CM days x