Author Topic: Nap location and consistency? 8 WEEK OLD  (Read 953 times)

Offline eogan0622

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 18, 2015, 20:12:46 pm »
Hi!

I have an 8 week old daughter (my first) and we have been following EASY pretty well for a few weeks.  Recently, I've been noticing she isn't napping as solidly as before.  I was wondering if anyone has advice about napping locations- is it really important for every nap to be in the same spot where she sleeps at night? (Currently she sleeps in her nursery but is tiny so she sleeps in the HALO bassinet instead of the crib right now)...

I have a dog and am currently not working so she usually takes her first nap (1.5-2hours) in the stroller or front back while we're out walking.  Second nap is usually in her Mammaroo in the living room.  And following naps are sometimes in bassinet/carrier/or something depending on what we're doing. This never used to be an issue- and she sleeps really well at night (830-630 or 7 with 1 wake up between 2-3).  Is it recommended to put her in the bassinet for every nap?

Also, how much do nap time routines differ from bedtime routines?

Thanks!

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
Re: Nap location and consistency? 8 WEEK OLD
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 17:00:48 pm »
To be honest, at 8 weeks I'd just enjoy the cuddles and flexibility of having an 8 week old  who will nap out and about  :) It goes too quickly!  Most LOs get a lot more aware from 6-8 weeks and short naps often start after that, so you might just be seeing some of that. 

It's really up to you when you decide you want her to have all her naps in the same place as she sleeps at night.  If you're feeling like you want her to nap at home more then you can start down that route, if you're happy with the way things are you can leave it a bit longer.  Generally one nap a day in the cot is a good aim at this age,  but I'd say that's true for a while yet.

Regarding nap wind down routines, we always did the last bit of our bedtime routine for naps - I.e. story, lights out,  song, bed.  Some LOs need a longer wind down and others  (particularly spirited babies) want less.