Author Topic: 18 month old refuses to sleep  (Read 943 times)

Offline Clairemary

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 20, 2015, 12:43:47 pm »
Hi! Our Claire was a great sleeper 18 month old up until she had a virus for a week with a high fever and needed to be coddled back to sleep. ( the wee hours of the night was typically when her fever spiked- so I'd rock her back to bed for a week). Now, Claire refuses to fall asleep on her own. Infact she will fall asleep standing up silently ( cries for a moment and stands up immedidantly...and if I don't check in on her- in the morning when I wake up I go in and she is till standing).

We have tried the pick up put down method, we tried telling her to lay down and standing in the room with her and now we are trying just placing a hand on her back and sushing her until she falls asleep. But, immediately when my hand drifts ( because I'm falling asleep standing up leaning over the crib) she cries and sits up! I don't think k she is getting better. Any suggestions? We have been working in this fir a week now...each 3 nights and not any better.

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: 18 month old refuses to sleep
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 14:40:58 pm »
Hi there I'm moving you over to Toddler Sleep board since your baby is 18 months old....

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 18 month old refuses to sleep
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 12:26:03 pm »
Hi there is a big sleep regression at 18 months so that could be part of it.  Can you post your EAS so we can look at your day too hun?xx
Zoe